PDA

View Full Version : Need help; Interior lights are not working

Al Gray
08-12-2007, 10:12 PM
I just charged the battery for the 1992 525i. The interior lights were working when the door is opened and all of a sudden they went out. You can turn them on manually with the rocker switches but the position where they are supposed to come on when a door is opened does not work. I have checked the fuses and they all look fine. Any ideas as to what it could be? I am at a loss here.

Al Gray

uscharalph
08-13-2007, 12:15 AM
The door open sensor in the door jam?

g7syw
08-13-2007, 11:51 AM
I just charged the battery for the 1992 525i. The interior lights were working when the door is opened and all of a sudden they went out. You can turn them on manually with the rocker switches but the position where they are supposed to come on when a door is opened does not work. I have checked the fuses and they all look fine. Any ideas as to what it could be? I am at a loss here.

Al Gray

Mine do that - If I leave a door open for a short while they will turn themselves off, closing and re-opening a door has the effect you describe. If I close the door & leave it closed a short while (I haven't timed it so don't ask :p) they work as normal. Maybe it's a "feature" of the light timing circuit to prevent draining of the battery..

EricB
08-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I have to keep fingertip pressure on the switch (forward) to make the cabin lights light up.

I figure my switch is just borked a little.

Maybe yours just developed the same behavior?