PDA

View Full Version : Almost done with my little project, but have a couple problems

ber55ber55
08-12-2007, 03:03 PM
The first being that the oil pan drain bolt is leaking now, and didnt before.
What is the torque on the bolt? I can keep turning it but i know the pan is aluminum, so what is a safe torque?

The second being attaching the driveshaft flex disc to the rear of the transmission.
There is a balancing wieght disc that was put in there before. Now that im putting **** back together, the disc doesnt fit and hits the "bent selector rod" now. I even tried to put the rod in the other way and then put disc in. Then the shifting was way way harder as well. So im gonna put it back in how its suppost to. But how and where am i gonna put that balancing wieght? shud i just leave it out? is is important? (notes - this disc is wider in diameter then the flex disc and i believe is was around the flex disc prior to removal

I think thats about it. The new gasket w/sealer on the oil pan looks good, as well as the rear main seal. All the new parts fit and seem to be working correctly. The tranny was resealled and flushed by a local shop for $75 bucks. Overall i have learned alot with this project, but have also gone through hell. =) Good luck to whomever tries this themselves.

genphreak
08-13-2007, 09:27 AM
OE oil filters normally come with a new Cu/Al bolt sealing ring/washer. Did you replace it? The thread is not designed to seal the oil.

ber55ber55
08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
yeah thats the problem haha....i just realized that this morning....thank you