PDA

View Full Version : Indicator lights stays on after car is off??

marven
05-12-2004, 11:59 AM
This weird...

Turned the car off yesterday and the drivers side indicator (front and back)stayed on? When the car is on the indicator(s) work..must be a differant lamp or fuse - Is this a relay or something? I had to remove fuse#6 to get them to go off?? Any ideas or help!

Thx
Marven

632 Regal
05-12-2004, 12:43 PM
might be a sticky relay under the rear seat (I think), next time it does it try tapping the relays till it shuts off then replace it.

marven
05-12-2004, 01:18 PM
might be a sticky relay under the rear seat (I think), next time it does it try tapping the relays till it shuts off then replace it.

Jeff C
05-12-2004, 02:18 PM
The european/world wide ones I think have a parking light feature where the lights on one side of the car stay illuminated when parked - I think the feature was for safety to warn others of a parked car in fog. It was activated by activating the turn stalk to the left or right then pushing a little bit more and it would engage something just past the normal turn position and turn on the parking light on the left or right side of the car depending on which direction was pushed. I read about this a year or two ago on the forum. Sadly my car/ North american cars did not have this feature - have wondered if it is possible to retrofit by importing a euro turn stalk assembly.

hope that helped- let us know

regards

jeff

91 535

marven
05-12-2004, 03:17 PM
The european/world wide ones I think have a parking light feature where the lights on one side of the car stay illuminated when parked - I think the feature was for safety to warn others of a parked car in fog. It was activated by activating the turn stalk to the left or right then pushing a little bit more and it would engage something just past the normal turn position and turn on the parking light on the left or right side of the car depending on which direction was pushed. I read about this a year or two ago on the forum. Sadly my car/ North american cars did not have this feature - have wondered if it is possible to retrofit by importing a euro turn stalk assembly.

hope that helped- let us know

regards

jeff

91 535

Thx jeff - it is however NA. Any other ideas?

Phil Sanderson
05-12-2004, 04:01 PM
check this link
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=7395
It was a broken blinker relay. My car is a 1989 525i and relay is in fuse box - maybe different for 535i - although I doubt it.

HTH
Phil

Warren N.CA
05-12-2004, 04:08 PM
There are many lights which might be referred to by that term. Some are supposed to stay on after the car shuts down.

This weird...

Turned the car off yesterday and the drivers side indicator (front and back)stayed on? When the car is on the indicator(s) work..must be a differant lamp or fuse - Is this a relay or something? I had to remove fuse#6 to get them to go off?? Any ideas or help!

Thx
Marven

marven
05-12-2004, 08:36 PM
check this link
It was a broken blinker relay. My car is a 1989 525i and relay is in fuse box - maybe different for 535i - although I doubt it.

HTH
Phil
But is sounds like the exact same problem..

Thx
M.

Phil Sanderson
05-13-2004, 12:08 PM
There are many lights which might be referred to by that term. Some are supposed to stay on after the car shuts down.

marven
05-19-2004, 03:07 PM
check this link

HTH
Phil

Hey Phil,
I pulled the relay to look at it and thought I'd replace it...when I put it back in it was fixed!

Thx alot!

Marven