PDA

View Full Version : OT: Any Mercedes forum of the same "quality" as this one?

NielsGalan
08-12-2007, 01:20 PM
My father's Mercedes Benz 124 E 300td from 1989 is acting up. My brother is on the MF, and the electrical stuff has gone really crazy. Windows work only when door is open, wiper doesn't work (except some times on highest speed only) etc.

So I'm thinking, maybe there's a Mercedes forum just as useful and fantastic as my E34 forum, that may help my poor father and brother.

Any input?

leicesterboy15
08-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I use this forum for my CLK, its not as good as this one, the users seem knowledgeable but there seem to be very few daily updates, nowhere near as many as this one. Its good as a reference site though. I think the problem is the forums are split by problem type and not model so sometimes it takes a few searches to find what you want and doesn't give the same feel of community. Anyway have a look and decide for yourself...

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php

wingman
08-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Nope! I've been looking but can't find one.

Zeuk in Oz
08-12-2007, 07:17 PM
My father's Mercedes Benz 124 E 300td from 1989 is acting up. My brother is on the MF, and the electrical stuff has gone really crazy. Windows work only when door is open, wiper doesn't work (except some times on highest speed only) etc.

So I'm thinking, maybe there's a Mercedes forum just as useful and fantastic as my E34 forum, that may help my poor father and brother.

Any input?
The best I have found is www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum. It seems very strong on the older diesels in particular.

Nothing like this place though ! :D

semiretired
08-12-2007, 08:00 PM

Any input?
benzworld.com

Macv
08-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I used mbworld.org..... they were suprisingly extremely helpful for my w124. They're mostly rich snobs though so watch out. You'll get a few "Just buy a new SLR" posts.

Tiger
08-12-2007, 10:04 PM
The best MB group is on the newsgroup... alt.auto.mercedes

markus
08-12-2007, 11:09 PM
you expect mercedes owners to work on their OWN cars?

the only one i know is mbworld.org or somethig like that. from what i hear its a bunch of pricks who have nothing really useful to tell you.

Zeuk in Oz
08-13-2007, 12:30 AM
you expect mercedes owners to work on their OWN cars?

Some of us actually own both - the subset that stuffs up conventional thought! :D

BFEINZIMER
08-13-2007, 02:47 AM
ahhh the e34 love is in the air :D

Ross
08-13-2007, 07:41 AM
No, but I'll bet your window problem is due to the harness being broken where it enters the door.

Tiger
08-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Well, most MB owners are no super rich... Most of those with older cars are like us with E34... can't afford those pretentious mechanics who think just because we own an old BMW or MB... can pay them a fortune.

Tiger
08-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Well, most MB owners are no super rich... Most of those with older cars are like us with E34... can't afford those pretentious mechanics who think just because we own an old BMW or MB... can pay them a fortune.

Wiper can be several things... ground... switch or the motor.