PDA

View Full Version : Did the Komen drive today . . .

gale
08-11-2007, 10:33 PM
If you misssed the Komen drive in your area, definitely make a point to go out and test drive a 335i coupe -- what a kick! I thought it was faster than the 650 & 550. The V-8's seemed down in power this year compared to last year. Did the factory de-tune the 07's for better fuel economy?

The 535ix wagon was fun and the 525i was quite peppy. It would be a fun car with a stick & proper diff ratio.

Another car I absolutely fell in love with was the Z4 coupe. If I were flush with cash I'd spring for one of those in twin turbo or M form in a minute. It's very well balanced.

The retractible hardtop in the 3's is trick but even in 335i form, the 335i coupe is definitely faster.

A fun day that I look forward to every year. We "racked" up lots of miles ;) A great cause & win-win for everyone involved. Be sure to look it up when it comes thru your area.

Route map:

http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/EventsandPrograms/UDSK/udskmap

Macv
08-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Another car I absolutely fell in love with was the Z4 coupe. If I were flush with cash I'd spring for one of those in twin turbo or M form in a minute. It's very well balanced.

Those are sweet ass little cars. My new job gives me the opportunity to drive one. :)

Sadly I missed the Komen drive in my area.

Paul in NZ
08-11-2007, 11:15 PM
what is the respective power tourque and weight figures for the 335 variants and the 550?

gale
08-12-2007, 09:35 AM
what is the respective power tourque and weight figures for the 335 variants and the 550?

From BMW's website:

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/335icoupe/techdata.htm

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/5/2008550isedan/techdata.htm

gale

repenttokyo
08-12-2007, 10:01 AM
nice power, but the 335 is a pig of a car. over 3500 pounds for a 3 series? give me a break. luxury has totally won out over sport in the bmw world.

nirvana19
08-12-2007, 10:45 AM
nice power, but the 335 is a pig of a car. over 3500 pounds for a 3 series? give me a break. luxury has totally won out over sport in the bmw world.

which is why they're making the 135 :)

Also, i'm pretty sure the sedan is faster than the coupe (don't ask me how) but I read somewhere that the sedan is a SLIGHT bit faster. Also, I've driven both, all I can say is they are both very fast, though i'm biased towards the sedan because it was a 6-speed manual and the coupe was automatic.

attack eagle
08-12-2007, 06:30 PM
If you misssed the Komen drive in your area, definitely make a point to go out and test drive a 335i coupe -- what a kick! I thought it was faster than the 650 & 550. The V-8's seemed down in power this year compared to last year. Did the factory de-tune the 07's for better fuel economy?

The 535ix wagon was fun and the 525i was quite peppy. It would be a fun car with a stick & proper diff ratio.

The retractible hardtop in the 3's is trick but even in 335i form, the 335i coupe is definitely faster.

A fun day that I look forward to every year. We "racked" up lots of miles ;) A great cause & win-win for everyone involved. Be sure to look it up when it comes thru your area.

Route map:

Sounds like you enjoyed the same ones I did... But that z4 coupe came within 5 feet of not being available for you wednesday... Some idiot in a contour flat out nailed the Mini that was 5 feet off my rear bumper when I was driving the z4coupe. IDunno how fast it was going but I was doing 80 and it was gaining fast when it tried to switch into the fastlane and just drove right into the right corner of the mini. Got to see the mini make two spins off the center guardrail in the otherwise useless rear view. All the z4 coupe needs is the twin turbo 6 to be a world beater of a car.

infurno
08-12-2007, 06:47 PM
The Z4 is my favorite bmw body style, my dream car really. I watch them go on ebay for as little as $14,000.

I remember reading somewhere that BMW is more interested in luxury then it is sport. BMW researched why people were buying bimmers they found that it was because of the sporty nature of the car and luxury was rarely ever a reason. They want to be in the same market as Mercedes. I guess the luxury market has more money in it.

DanDombrowski
08-13-2007, 11:53 AM
As usual, I looked up to see when it was coming to my area, and I missed it. I guess I never got the email notification to register.

Glad to hear you like the new 335, I think the 335 coupe is an absolutely SLICK looking car, and I don't really like the new bangle designs (at least not the 5 series).

They're also doing a test driving program with the 4.4L X5 on the racetrack that just came through my area, which I unfortunately missed because we were away. I really wanted to do that one.

Tiger
08-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Macv, Korman is about "rack"... not "sweet ass"... although they are kinda inter-related... you can't have one without the other... LOL

RobPatt
08-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Did it the last few years, but was overseas (mid-east) this year when they came through my town....

Great fun thought...esp if you can get in as a part of the crew to drive the cars to the next location.... usually they look for folks, so that's a blast... at the destination they put you on a nice bus, but you pizza, and send you back... (at least did that 2 years in a row for me....)

Glad you enjoyed racking up the miles....

Exactly what shade of pink is that ribbon on your hood, anyway?

Route map: