PDA

View Full Version : Installed New CD43 - Now I want to upgrade speakers

JMI
08-11-2007, 09:49 AM
What speakers can I install that just drop in, plug-n-play so to speak.
Want to avoid new wires and amp.

TIA

Jim

RobPatt
08-11-2007, 10:22 AM
the Infinity Kappa component system, Installed it into the front lower panels, and the tweeters into the speaker thing by the side view mirrors. Left the top dash speakers installed, but not connected. The crossover is next to the lower speakers, behind the plastic panel.

Love the sound, components rock, think I gave like $150 on e-bay.

Now if you're keeping the stock amp, I'm pretty sure it has a crossover built in, so may not want to use a crossover setup. I pulled my amp out.

What speakers can I install that just drop in, plug-n-play so to speak.
Want to avoid new wires and amp.

TIA

Jim

PScalfano
08-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Audio snowballs so fast. I bought a CD43... and it turned into a CD43 and Bavarian Soundwerks stage 1 speaker upgrade kit (not sure if they have a product for e34 though).
Then it turned into a CD43 and BSW stage 1 and a Harmon/Kardan amp bought used from another E36 owner.
Then it turned into a CD43, BSW stage 1, H/K amp, and I have a sub, enclosure, and amp coming in the mail.

They should put a warning on those CD43s.

I think MB quart components might fit in an E34 too. When I had my E34 I put some Pioneer 5 1/4 2-ways in the back and kick panel, and installed 2 pioneer tweeters in the back too. I think that setup cost me <$150 and the factory amp powered it just fine.

Macv
08-11-2007, 08:11 PM
I think MB quart components might fit in an E34 too.

correct.

JMI
08-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Dumb question, but where is the factory amp located? :p

Never mind - I found it. See, it was dumb.

TIA