PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, 1 more question

ber55ber55
08-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Im using honda bond for my oil pan gasket sealant.

Question is....do i put the gasket sealer on both sides of the cork gasket or 1 side?

Same with the rear engine seal.....the paper one....1 side, both sides, or not ass all.

Thanks

ArtemLepilov
08-10-2007, 04:21 PM
were you able to do the clutch?

I am not familiar with the honda sealant, nor the M20 oil pan, sorry. Just wondering about the clutch job.

Bin_jammin
08-10-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't know how much sealant you're using, but a VERY thin layer on one side ought to be more than enough to solve your problems. Remember, it's sealant, it's not glue. When I say thin, I mean maybe a couple/three sheets of paper thickness. Any more than that will just squirt into the engine, possibly clogging things. I know this from personal experience.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, just remember to look for a thread that already exists where someone has asked the same question, there doesn't need to be 30 active threads going on how to loosen hubcaps for instance. Barring that, questions are the best way to get answers. :)

ber55ber55
08-10-2007, 05:11 PM
well the clutch job is still in progress.....i ran into a couple of problems....

1)the hex bolts for the pressure plate were stripped.....had to weld some bead to the bolts and use vise grips to get off

2)then the outer race of the pilot bearing stayed in the crankshaft hub because it was so shot and i had to figure out a way to get it out (note:if anyone ever has this problem..let me know....i came up with a good way)

Ai ai ai.

Now im finally at the end...and have cleaned and fixed all the problems (centering bearing, guibo, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, tranny seals) Lastly i have to put the oil pan and rear engine seal/bracket back on and reassemble everything. If anyone has any pointers...please let me know. I am going to try and finish the job today.

Thank you for your quick responses, and I am sorry for not searching the forums first before i started another thread. I have just been searching for answers outside of this forum and have been coming up with basically nothing. Thats why i just tryed to get an answer as quickly as possible. I am sorry again though, and will search and attempt to find the answer in a previous thread instead of causing unnessesary forum cloggage.