PDA

View Full Version : 5 gas analyzer and AFM adjustment

ber55ber55
08-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Well im almost done with my driveshaft, tranny, clutch and oil pan gasket rebuild. Let me tell you, it was a nightmare thus far. Especially when i got to the pressure plate bolts. They were completely stripped! Had to weld two beads on the bolt and remove it with vise grips. Anyway though......

Since my smog values were a little high and my car smokes a lil when i am above 4k revs (with full throttle as well) i am assuming it is an adjustment issue with the AFM, since i messed around with it a while back when i had an idle issue. I was wondering if anyone knowabout a cheap little 5-gas analyzer or a shop in the LA area that would be willing to help me out.

Oh and one other thing. For a gasket sealer im gonna ue HONDA BOND. Any suggestions or pointers when using this stuff? or is there something better out there? every person i have asked has suggested honda bond. Thanks again

Jeff N.
08-09-2007, 06:45 PM
What color smoke?

ber55ber55
08-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Well its kinda hard to tell....I wud have to say black smoke.

Ive done a compression test (results looked good-dont have the numbers of hand)

I have replaced a lot of gaskets and stuff around the car.

I have been told it cud be the water temp sensor, air temp sensor, TPS, or AFM adjustment. My smog levels were all pretty high, and considering the fact that the car has power (for an m20) andthe only thing I have messed with carelessly in the past is the AFM adjustment screw, I am assuming that is the culprit. What other options could I have?