PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the injector connectors off??

Adnan
08-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Hi,

Started the process of pulling out the injectors and have run into a minor snag. Bentley says to remove the two allen bolts holding down the harness rail but says nothing about unplugging the injectors themselves.

I've taken off the top of the track housing by unsnapping it (which Bentley does not mention) and I can see a connector on each injector but what is the method of getting them off? Tugging on the harness track seems to do nothing.

Thanks for the assistance,
Adnan
M30, '91 535i

632 Regal
08-08-2007, 09:54 PM
I just pulled and busted the stupid things, nothing adverse followed.

gale
08-08-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm told you can finness the wire bail off with a dental pick but it's one of those "you can't get there from here" things. I just used a jusdiciously positioned prybar and they all came off one at a time without breaking:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_17.htm

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/socket2.jpg

Shankster
08-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi,

Started the process of pulling out the injectors and have run into a minor snag. Bentley says to remove the two allen bolts holding down the harness rail but says nothing about unplugging the injectors themselves.

I've taken off the top of the track housing by unsnapping it (which Bentley does not mention) and I can see a connector on each injector but what is the method of getting them off? Tugging on the harness track seems to do nothing.

Adnan
M30, '91 535i

Look at the top of the connecter. Should see a fine wire clip. Use a dentists pick to lift one side of the clip out of the way. Put the clips back in place when you unplug the connectors from the injectors.

Adnan
08-08-2007, 10:46 PM
This is one case where Bentley is woefully inadequate in its description, I guess. I'll try the dental pick before graduating to the bigger and badder tool - the pry bar.

Thanks for the advice,
Adnan

Bin_jammin
08-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi,

Adnan
M30, '91 535i

I swapped the engine on my 535, and the first time I did the dental pick thing to pull the metal wire part of the connector out. I had to use a prybar to get enough room under the big plastic wiring harness housing thing, and did them all one at a time. That was on my e32 parts car. When it came time to taking the harness out of my 535 I just used a prybar and popped all the clips off one at a time. Don't be afraid, they'll come, just try wiggling the connector while you're prying on it.