PDA

View Full Version : Ot: well guys I have 2 interviews tommorow

markus
08-08-2007, 04:33 PM
one is for a Honda Tech job and the other is for Nissan Technician. Does anyone know anyone who might happen to be a honda or nissan tech? just curious to see how they like their jobs working on those cars.

I used to work on chryslers and jeeps and they are by far the worst pieces of **** to work on. My 540 is simple compared to those things.

At the same dealer where I was at we had a honda line and I think those guys made the most money. They always had work. Most of it was oil changes and tire rotations and that sort of stuff.

Qube
08-08-2007, 05:06 PM
You're going to drive up in a 540 to do oil changes on a Civic? Good luck, but sounds funny ;)

markus
08-08-2007, 05:11 PM
ill probly be making more than i do now.

Macv
08-08-2007, 08:42 PM
And you'll have work.... I'd go with the Nissan just because I like the company better, however I've found Honda's to be quicker and easier.

t.wak
08-08-2007, 09:24 PM
One of my mates work as a tech for Nissan.. Nothing fancy but he seems to enjoy his work. He kinda gets pissed off about the **** he has to work on sometimes though.

markus
08-08-2007, 11:07 PM
i hate trucks and SUVs. I guess at honda you see your fair share of odessys and pilots. But I see more CRVs and Accords than anything. At chrysler every other ****ing car was a town and country or a 300C. Talk about pieces of ****.

BMWCCA1
08-08-2007, 11:36 PM
The reputation of the individual store, the owner, or the group that owns the store is far more important than the make you're working on. Check with techs at each store or simply find out how long most of them have been there.

Anton CH.
08-08-2007, 11:47 PM
one is for a Honda Tech job and the other is for Nissan Technician. Does anyone know anyone who might happen to be a honda or nissan tech? just curious to see how they like their jobs working on those cars.

I used to work on chryslers and jeeps and they are by far the worst pieces of **** to work on. My 540 is simple compared to those things.

At the same dealer where I was at we had a honda line and I think those guys made the most money. They always had work. Most of it was oil changes and tire rotations and that sort of stuff.

I hear techs at Nissan dealerships run when they see a 300zx turbo come in. Seriously, Nissans aren't the easiest cars to work on (from personal experience 240sx, Xterra....).

Sam-Son
08-08-2007, 11:55 PM
You're going to drive up in a 540 to do oil changes on a Civic? Good luck, but sounds funny ;)
That is pretty funny, but as a Valet I pull up in a Bimmer and park Fords.

takumidrift30
08-10-2007, 01:52 AM
The reputation of the individual store, the owner, or the group that owns the store is far more important than the make you're working on. Check with techs at each store or simply find out how long most of them have been there.

I concur, also I use to own Honda for long years and been going to dealership for parts (only that are available through them) and at the sametime company cars (Honda & Nissan) sent to them at different locations. I could only speak only here in SoCal but I fine Honda employees more satisfied with their company, not that I have biases or bad experience over the other it's just my observation.