PDA

View Full Version : Hot heater!!!

Tony777
08-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi everybody,
My wife's BMW 525 td E34 keeps blowing warm air even when the controls are set to cold air. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tony

filip00
08-08-2007, 12:40 PM
that's an easy one.

what you should've done is clicked that little SEARCH button....but anyhow...

-check the heater fuse
-if the fuse is okay, check the solenoid valves. pop the hood, give contact 2, and have someone turn the hot-cold dial. you must listen if it's clicking. it's the little plastic cover next to the fuse box under the hood. it's located just in front of the driver's side.

if they don't click, then they're ready for replacing.

g7syw
08-08-2007, 05:35 PM
that's an easy one.

-check the heater fuse
-if the fuse is okay, check the solenoid valves. pop the hood, give contact 2, and have someone turn the hot-cold dial. you must listen if it's clicking. it's the little plastic cover next to the fuse box under the hood. it's located just in front of the driver's side. if they don't click, then they're ready for replacing.

I'd agree with that, but before you rush out and buy new valves, you can try tapping the tops of the valves lightly with a small hammer or the handle of a screwdriver to see if they're stuck and whether tapping will free them up...

Also try removing the wiring connector and check with a voltmeter. It is possible that the fuse can be good but there's another problem in the wiring somewhere, I had the same thing on mine - turned out to be corroded contacts in the wiring connector.