PDA

View Full Version : Clever Brembo brake discs.

Zeuk in Oz
08-08-2007, 03:00 AM
Am changing brake pads & discs on my E 39 at the moment.

Am amazed at Brembo's clever wear indicators on their disc rotors - they have drilled 2 marks into the face of the rotor, 1 shallow and 1 a little deeper.

When the shallow one disappears the rotor is wearing and when the deep one disappears the rotor needs changing.

They didn't have that on the Brembo E34 discs I just replaced on my 525i, but hopefully soon it will be on all disc rotors.

Ferret
08-08-2007, 04:10 AM

Am amazed at Brembo's clever wear indicators on their disc rotors - they have drilled 2 marks into the face of the rotor, 1 shallow and 1 a little deeper.

When the shallow one disappears the rotor is wearing and when the deep one disappears the rotor needs changing.

They didn't have that on the Brembo E34 discs I just replaced on my 525i, but hopefully soon it will be on all disc rotors.

The Brembos I've just put on my E34 have these wear markers on them - was quite impressed with the nifty idea!

BigKriss
08-08-2007, 10:22 AM
mine didn't have them??

bmwrp8
08-08-2007, 10:38 AM

thats what I last bought for the brakes:D veery clever...no more guessing:) cheap too:)

Barney Paull-Edwards
08-08-2007, 12:51 PM
The Brembos I've just put on my E34 have these wear markers on them - was quite impressed with the nifty idea!
Where did you get them from?

Ferret
08-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Where did you get them from?

German Swedish and French in Reading

Bunch of sulky b*stards in there giving you the 'what? you want me to do something?' attitude - but they lighten up if they figure out you know what you're talking about.

gsfcarparts.com

They were fairly reasonable too iirc... I basically dropped about £100 on new pads all round and new front disks all at oe quality.

uscharalph
08-09-2007, 12:35 AM
I replace my rotors everytime I replace the pads. Wear indicators never really come into play.