PDA

View Full Version : Bent wheel, what are my options?

J.DeFeo
08-07-2007, 05:52 AM
I have a bit of shaking at highway speeds, so I took my car to have it's wheels balanced on a Hunter GSP9700. That machine is impressive as hell. So impressive, in fact, that it very easily found that one of my wheels is bent.

What can I do? I really hope I don't have to buy a new wheel. My wheels are stock 15" for a 535i.

bmwrp8
08-07-2007, 06:42 AM
I have a bit of shaking at highway speeds, so I took my car to have it's wheels balanced on a Hunter GSP9700. That machine is impressive as hell. So impressive, in fact, that it very easily found that one of my wheels is bent.

What can I do? I really hope I don't have to buy a new wheel. My wheels are stock 15" for a 535i.

just had a thread similar to your problem few weeks back...was having very loud vibrations so I changed my center bearing and checked my prop shaft..I have no guibo...still there, turned out to be my rear wheels where bent.I have a 17" AC Schnitzer...I just had it repaired then now its fine...don't know how they repaired my bent mags I guess they pressed it or something, their were no signs of repair and they didn't repainted my mags:)

Ross
08-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Spare??

BMWE34M5
08-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Compare the cost of repairing the wheel (approx. $120) to the cost of buying a good used one.

J.DeFeo
08-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Spare??

Wow, I feel dumb for not thinking of this. I don't think my spare's ever been used.

Tiger
08-07-2007, 12:13 PM
LOL... Hahahaha! My lightbulb blew out too. LOL

Booster
08-07-2007, 06:55 PM
just had a thread similar to your problem few weeks back...was having very loud vibrations so I changed my center bearing and checked my prop shaft..I have no guibo...still there, turned out to be my rear wheels where bent.I have a 17" AC Schnitzer...I just had it repaired then now its fine...don't know how they repaired my bent mags I guess they pressed it or something, their were no signs of repair and they didn't repainted my mags:)

Where are you located and which Wheel Repair place did you use,if you don't mind ??:)
Vinny

bmwrp8
08-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Where are you located and which Wheel Repair place did you use,if you don't mind ??:)
Vinny

sorry philippines

Rick L
08-08-2007, 06:42 PM
That can also be a problem... Likely, it will be dry rotted... First time you put them on and drive it, tire will develop cracks. :(

Wow, I feel dumb for not thinking of this. I don't think my spare's ever been used.