PDA

View Full Version : :: Replace dash speakers

Qube
08-04-2007, 05:08 PM
So they are what... 2.5... 2.75"? Where to get speakers to replace these mids? Can use a component kit to replace the kicker and tweeter but nothing for the mid in the dash. I am looking to replace the tweeters with an Infinity Reference set, with Kappas for the kicker and rear. Probably leave the existing tweeter in the rear. Just looking for a more brighter sound. The stock speakers have had it.

icesoft
08-04-2007, 08:09 PM
So they are what... 2.5... 2.75"? Where to get speakers to replace these mids? Can use a component kit to replace the kicker and tweeter but nothing for the mid in the dash. I am looking to replace the tweeters with an Infinity Reference set, with Kappas for the kicker and rear. Probably leave the existing tweeter in the rear. Just looking for a more brighter sound. The stock speakers have had it.

I've got a set of MB Quart Premium series components in the kickers and tweeter locations, but there is definately something lacking, the soundstage seems like it's terribly flawed, as I can't get enough mids up top 'in my face' with the woofers below the dash. I really think I need some midrange in the dash, as I can't seem to make it sound decent. I'd like to know what I can put in the dash as well, else my next step might be to build a crossover to utilize the stock dash speaker (yuck).

mancini_mark
08-05-2007, 09:41 PM
I think they're $100 for the pair. They're made by rainbow audio in germany. Not sure what they sound like...but mine are fried too. Keep us posted on what you do up there.

Mark

sneekens
10-08-2007, 05:14 AM
any updates with this? can anyone post their 2-way or 3-way audio set ups??? Is there a way to customize by changing my 3-way by putting a 4" on the dash and 6.5" on the kicks...?? I still want to keep everything looking stock but having my audio upgraded..

ThoreauHD
10-08-2007, 05:33 AM
They are 2.5 inch and you can get them from bavsound.com. There are previous threads by halston of bavsound here about them. They are $100 and $20 for the toolkit to unwedge them out of the tight space that they're in.