PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed.....quick!!!

ber55ber55
08-03-2007, 11:44 PM
I am in the process of redoing my clutch, with all seals, flex disk, and centering bearing and lastly oil pan seal.

The tranny: how do i get the top torx bolts out? there is no room to work. do i really need to remove the heater hose and drain the coolent?

Centering bearing: How do i get the old one off? do i remove the whole drive shaft from the rear diff?

Flex disk: how should i tighten it? shud it be torqued? shud i use lock tight anywhere?

Oil pan gasket: do i need the raise the engine or is it accessable without?

I need help as quick as possible. I am trying to get this done this weekend. I started today around 4 and i am stuck at removing the top torx on the tranny and the centering bearing from the drive shaft. any help wud be greatly appreciated or have the pages from the bentley menual scanned and sent to me since i only have the shitty hanes manual. Thank you for ready my post.

ArtemLepilov
08-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Ok, here it is. There are about 6-8 torx bolts (i forget exactly how many on your car), you have the M20 motor, so it is a bit easier

Take the intake off, jack up the car, and get a lot of extenders/swivel joints for your ratchet and get to work - if you use a right amount, you dont need to take the motor out.

Take off your exhaust, heatshield/driveshaft shield and disconnect your driveshaft from the transmission. It helps to get the center bearing down before doing that. Guibo uses 6 19mm bolt/nut combinations, and it helps to use a 19mm wrench and a socket. For ease of work, you may consider taking the driveshaft completely off the car.

Drop the transmission by keeping a jack under it and undoing the mounts in the rear and make sure the motor isnt touching the radiator/ damaging anything on the car - lower the transmission to the point when the motor just starts to touch something, etc.

This will give you a little more room to work on the unbolting the transmission.

Unbolt the transmission, support it and move it out. (a person may be able to do that, as long as the motor is supported, he can lift the tranny with own arms and move it away from the motor, as it weighs about 80-90 pounds.

You probably know the rest. Torque specs can be found in a manual online for E34s or E30s - motor and tranny are the same.

-Good luck, Artem