PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger Kit for 93-95 525i w/ Methanol injection. Only $3k!!!!!!!

ericcamaro
08-01-2007, 08:10 PM
I have recently turned my car back to stock to sell to my mother who was in need of reliable transportation, as the car was an extra vehicle I let it go. The supercharger system worked flawlessly when removed as did the methanol injection. The kit does not permanently alter anything on the vehicle so your car may be turned back to stock without evidence of ever being modified. I didn't even have to drill holes to mount the methanol injection pump, Ill tell you where it mounts up with ease, No wiring modification necessary either. This kit is complete with absolutely everything you need. Not like most used kits that someone has lost parts to along the way.
The kit is made By ERT for the 95 bmw M3 but The chip I have is for the M50tu. The kit uses A powerdyne head unit the Bd-11a (best belt drive blower made by powerdyne). Charger has not been rebuilt and only has about 6k miles on it max. The blower has never been spun past the manufacturers recommendations. Boost has always been at 6psi this blower is setup to make over 300hp and be extreamly reliable. Ask anyone, if you dont spin the powerdyne too fast, they last a very long time.
This kit also Uses the 3.5" MAF housing, Your stock sensor out of your 3" Maf is used in the housing. It also operates with a bosch bypass valve to protect the blower even more, Ive been told that it is not necissary to run at stock psi for the system but why not.
The methonol injection system uses a specially designed pump, relay and devils Own psi switch thats adjustable on the fly from 2-10 psi I believe. system uses stock washer fluid tank.
I will give the recipient 2 chips that run the charger that are designed for 6psi, the 3.5" MAF and 24lb injectors (whitch are included and have been recently serviced). I will also give as much technical support as you need to get this on your car properly. let me know what you think. pm me if interested.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=199297&stc=1&d=1185228317

BFEINZIMER
08-01-2007, 10:07 PM
usable on a m30 535?

ericcamaro
08-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Sorry this kit is only for the engnine specified, Only the M50tu/52 or the S50/52.

ericcamaro
08-03-2007, 11:35 AM
nooone is making a m3/m5 killer?? THis alone brings you up over 300hp at the engine not to mention how much lighter this car is than the M5. Add some exhaust and retune for about 8psi and youll be in hillbilly heaven.

repenttokyo
08-03-2007, 12:07 PM
I would love it, but i have a 91 M50, which your kit does not seem to work for.

bsell
08-03-2007, 02:35 PM
nooone is making a m3/m5 killer?? THis alone brings you up over 300hp at the engine not to mention how much lighter this car is than the M5. Add some exhaust and retune for about 8psi and youll be in hillbilly heaven.

My '95 525 is a daily driver with only 60,000 miles on it. I would love to have more power as the acceleration from 60 to 100 is pretty slow. I live in Germany and travel the Autobahn twice a day so I could 'exercise' the new-found power right often.:D

I am not too familiar with methanol injection combined with supercharging. I figure it sprays to cool off the pressurized air so it would only spray under boost conditions? This does not sound like the fix I need for extended time under boost (possibly hours at a time). Could an intercooler eliminate the need to lose my windshield washer system to the methanol injection?

Brian

ericcamaro
08-03-2007, 06:50 PM
My '95 525 is a daily driver with only 60,000 miles on it. I would love to have more power as the acceleration from 60 to 100 is pretty slow. I live in Germany and travel the Autobahn twice a day so I could 'exercise' the new-found power right often.:D

I am not too familiar with methanol injection combined with supercharging. I figure it sprays to cool off the pressurized air so it would only spray under boost conditions? This does not sound like the fix I need for extended time under boost (possibly hours at a time). Could an intercooler eliminate the need to lose my windshield washer system to the methanol injection?

Brian
Yes methanol injection is to cool the boost charge, It only comes on at whatever PSI you set the switch at, (2-10psi). The engine doesnt need this, its just to cool the charge and raise the octane level a bit to make sure there is no detenation. you can always hook up a remote resevoir to the pump instead of using the washer fluid container. I know they make 2 gallon reseviours that go in your trunk, that will last you some time. An intercooler will cool the air charge but will not raise the octane level. LIke I said the kit works great without the methanol injection but, with the meth you can boost a little higher. You could buy a smaller pulley and go up to 8psi instead of 6psi and get even more power out of the motor. the possibilities are endless.:D

bsell
08-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Yes methanol injection is to cool the boost charge, It only comes on at whatever PSI you set the switch at, (2-10psi). The engine doesnt need this, its just to cool the charge and raise the octane level a bit to make sure there is no detenation. you can always hook up a remote resevoir to the pump instead of using the washer fluid container. I know they make 2 gallon reseviours that go in your trunk, that will last you some time. An intercooler will cool the air charge but will not raise the octane level. LIke I said the kit works great without the methanol injection but, with the meth you can boost a little higher. You could buy a smaller pulley and go up to 8psi instead of 6psi and get even more power out of the motor. the possibilities are endless.:D

True, true but I need a car I can drive everyday with around 70-100 extra ponies. What the car really needs is for the torque band to come down about 1,000 rpms and flatten out some. Then the thing would drive much more comfortably. Do you think the supercharger set-up would do this?

I would love to see some dyno charts from this set-up.

Brian

ericcamaro
08-04-2007, 12:07 PM
No the supercharger will not bring the tourque band down and flatten it out. It would if it was a roots style blower or even a twin screw blower, but a centrifugal blower builds boost with RPM, therefore your max HP is at max RPM. The thing just keeps pulling harder and harder up to full RPM. At 3500 RPM its only making a few pounds of boost. The car still has more HP and torque than stock through the powerband but it is linear not flat.

RobPatt
08-04-2007, 03:53 PM
but at that price can't justify....though it is 2K cheaper than commercial stuff from VF engineering, AA, etc...

besides, not sure my tranny can support that power.

if my conversion is right... the AS (whatever tranny I have...) the 310 in the nomenclature means it takes 3.1Nm of torque, which I convert to about 225Hp... and I already got the EAT chip so think I'm at 200Hp now, plus or minus a bit....

sure is nice though.

I have recently turned my car back to stock to sell to my mother who was in need of reliable transportation, as the car was an extra vehicle I let it go. The supercharger system worked flawlessly when removed as did the methanol injection. The kit does not permanently alter anything on the vehicle so your car may be turned back to stock without evidence of ever being modified. I didn't even have to drill holes to mount the methanol injection pump, Ill tell you where it mounts up with ease, No wiring modification necessary either. This kit is complete with absolutely everything you need. Not like most used kits that someone has lost parts to along the way.
The kit is made By ERT for the 95 bmw M3 but The chip I have is for the M50tu. The kit uses A powerdyne head unit the Bd-11a (best belt drive blower made by powerdyne). Charger has not been rebuilt and only has about 6k miles on it max. The blower has never been spun past the manufacturers recommendations. Boost has always been at 6psi this blower is setup to make over 300hp and be extreamly reliable. Ask anyone, if you dont spin the powerdyne too fast, they last a very long time.
This kit also Uses the 3.5" MAF housing, Your stock sensor out of your 3" Maf is used in the housing. It also operates with a bosch bypass valve to protect the blower even more, Ive been told that it is not necissary to run at stock psi for the system but why not.
The methonol injection system uses a specially designed pump, relay and devils Own psi switch thats adjustable on the fly from 2-10 psi I believe. system uses stock washer fluid tank.
I will give the recipient 2 chips that run the charger that are designed for 6psi, the 3.5" MAF and 24lb injectors (whitch are included and have been recently serviced). I will also give as much technical support as you need to get this on your car properly. let me know what you think. pm me if interested.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=199297&stc=1&d=1185228317

ericcamaro
08-05-2007, 10:30 AM
but at that price can't justify....though it is 2K cheaper than commercial stuff from VF engineering, AA, etc...

besides, not sure my tranny can support that power.

if my conversion is right... the AS (whatever tranny I have...) the 310 in the nomenclature means it takes 3.1Nm of torque, which I convert to about 225Hp... and I already got the EAT chip so think I'm at 200Hp now, plus or minus a bit....

sure is nice though.
I think you should but the kit, And when the auto trans goes, you can do a 5 speed swap and never have to worry bout the trans agian.

bsell
08-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I think you should but the kit, And when the auto trans goes, you can do a 5 speed swap and never have to worry bout the trans agian.

Didn't BMW use the same five speed auto in both the 525 and 540 models?

If so, why shouldn't the auto tranny hold under 300hp? Sure it is a little more than the V-8 but life should be good with the five speed auto and supercharger, right?

Got to thinking about the intercooler deal. I figure an appropriately-sized model from a turbo install should suffice for this supercharger set-up. Or am I off smoking crack?:p

Brian

ericcamaro
08-05-2007, 12:13 PM

If so, why shouldn't the auto tranny hold under 300hp? Sure it is a little more than the V-8 but life should be good with the five speed auto and supercharger, right?

Got to thinking about the intercooler deal. I figure an appropriately-sized model from a turbo install should suffice for this supercharger set-up. Or am I off smoking crack?:p

Brian
Turbos generate a ton more heat in the intake charge, A intercooler is neccessary for a turbo but not for a supercharger. WIth that said I think the intercooler would drop boost a couple psi and cost more HP than it will give back. An aftercooler is much more efficient and also much more expensive. With a really good intercooler setup with 2.5" pipe you may only loose .5psi at 6 psi, so it may be good enough to make some extra ponies. Id just stick with the methanol injection. its easy to setup and doest cost any HP at all, just gains.

GoldenOne
08-05-2007, 06:01 PM
is this specific to the m50tu because of the chip?

ericcamaro
08-05-2007, 07:02 PM
is this specific to the m50tu because of the chip?
I think that and the MAF wont swap over. But that can be fixed with the right chip. As long as belt routing is the same and alternator mounting is the same I dont see why it wouldnt work if you could find the proper chip to run it.

ericcamaro
08-08-2007, 01:08 PM
bump

ericcamaro
08-11-2007, 12:42 PM
still for sale.

RobPatt
08-11-2007, 12:53 PM
french built, GM, 'lectronic overdrive 4 speed auto you wanna call it...

Brian

bsell
08-12-2007, 02:51 AM
french built, GM, 'lectronic overdrive 4 speed auto you wanna call it...

I thought the US models got stuck with the 3-speed GM tranny with overdrive stuck on it while the rest of the world got the proper 5-speed (can't remember the maker right now...).

Did they really run the GM '4-speed' auto behind the V-8's in America?:(

Brian

bmwrp8
08-12-2007, 03:09 AM
OOooHHhh:D too bad I guess it'll not work for the m20:(

ericcamaro
10-07-2007, 06:12 PM
still got this bad boy. lots of interest but no cash yet.

RobPatt
10-07-2007, 11:03 PM
....some sort of detailed install instructions....

....or detailed parts list?

....what about photos of it installed in your car...?

for anyone who may be interested....
(I'm interested, but being honest, i need a dailydriver, can't afford to blow my tanny....until it's the thing's time to go, and will deal w/it then...if timing sucks, will slap another slushbox in...if timing is good, will prob take it somewhere for a conversion to 5spd.)

still got this bad boy. lots of interest but no cash yet.