PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry install

karl1171
08-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Can anyone help with my keyless entry install?

I've read the stuff on bmwe34.net and it seems you can use the connector by the general module. I understand a positive pulse is required to lock/unlock.

I have a UK 1993 525: the wires on this connector appear to differ from those detailed on bmwe34 I've touched +12v on to the blue/red buit it does not unlock: infact through trial and error I found this wire flashes the Hazard warning lights when grounded. I gave up trial and error after blowing one of the central locking fuses!

There are two connector in my car, both colourless plastic connectors, one is 8 pin (although only 3 wires are connected) and the other is 24 pin, again with some blanks

the 24 pin connector has these coloured wires (x denotes no connection)

x:VI/BK:R:BL/R:Y/BL:GN/BL:x:BL/W:x:R/W:BR/VI:BK/BR
BR/GY:BK/R:GY/VI:W/BK:W/VI:BR:x:Or:BR:GY:BL:x

8pin
W/GN:W/BR:x:x
x:x:x:BR/BL

I've also looked at the wires in door: there are 3 connectors one white one grey and one yellow each with two wires: I've found the deadlock/window raise position connects the two wires on the Yellow connector, i'm unsure of any other switching combinations. Perhaps a positive pulse on the wires of the yellow connector will lock/unlock?

In both cases I'm having difficulty relating these to the wiring diagrams(obatined from www.e38.org/e34)

I'd rather use the connector under the rear seat if possible.