PDA

View Full Version : Stereo code

Will308
05-11-2004, 07:18 PM
I 've checked through the archives and didn't see anything to help with the problem I'm having. I disconnected the battery and now the stereo won't accept the code. I punch in the 5 numbers and all I get is a beep. Is there some other way to activate the radio?
Thanks!

Tiger
05-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Just wait... leave the key on... radio on and leave the car alone for like 2 hours... then punch in the code.

BigD
05-11-2004, 09:07 PM
and don't keep punching in the code after you hear the beep. after each beep you start a new attempt so if you punched in an extra character, that will carry over. once you hear the beep, stop and go from scratch

Will308
05-12-2004, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the help.
I've tried to enter the code in the morning when I first get in the car after it has been sitting overnight. Disconnected the CD power and control cables thinking it might affect the reset. Still no luck. Is there some other method to get this thing to work. It's the original radio that came with the car>
Will

micjordan
05-12-2004, 04:37 AM
When i got my 93 it was in CODE mode. After X tries the radio goes into a double lock out where you have to have the radio on for an hour (and not try the code within this hour) to try the code. Just let it sit with the key on for an hour and come back and try it. If that doesnt work give it 2 hours. Be sure to mark the time so you dont get anxious and come out and try after 58 mins :)

I 've checked through the archives and didn't see anything to help with the problem I'm having. I disconnected the battery and now the stereo won't accept the code. I punch in the 5 numbers and all I get is a beep. Is there some other way to activate the radio?
Thanks!

Tiger
05-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Did you match the serial number to the code? If so, then you got a dead head unit... something inside the radio is shot. I forget which.

Will308
05-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks!

Thanks for the help. I tried it again this morning while driving to work. I tried about 8 times. On the last try bingo!!!!!!! the radio comes to life. I don't know what caused it to finally accept the code but, Thank God!

Thanks again for all of your responses!
Will