PDA

View Full Version : A/C problem NEED HELP.

jonjon
07-29-2007, 06:12 PM
I have a 93 525 and the air quit working. The switch still lights up like it's on but when look under the hood i don't see the clutch pack running. I checked all the fuses and all fine. I unplugged the fitting by the motor and used a test light nothing. I then used a piece of wire from the 12v and touched the a/c motor the clutch pac engaged and started running.But no cold air. Is their a relay or something that is not sending power to the motor. I am confused? Please Help. Thanks, John

cobb535
07-29-2007, 07:50 PM
there are safety switched in the circuit powering the AC compressor clutch. They are located on the refrigerant lines and maybe the condenser/evaporator. The most common problem is these switches are doing their job and not allowing the system to operate with insufficient refrigerant (a leak) in the system. Get the refrigerant level (freon) checked before you drive yourself crazy looking for other problems.
Good luck

filip00
08-06-2007, 06:20 AM
if you don't have enough coolant (freon) it's not gonna work. so my advice is to go to the guys who fill the AC's up, and have them check it.