PDA

View Full Version : May have found my Winter Beater

Jehu
07-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Debadged but looks like may be a 535is.Almost a no brainer pending furthur investigation.Owned by a mechanic.
http://users.adelphia.net/~cpkver8/clouds019.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~cpkver8/clouds020.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~cpkver8/clouds024.jpg

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-28-2007, 09:19 PM
looks like it could use some love, but for 1,800 you could drive for a while and save your 540 from the perils of the winter roads, then when it dies...part it out for the trans & M30.

winfred
07-28-2007, 09:36 PM
i have a semi crappy non vanos 5 speed 525 that i got running pretty good a while back, not sure what the boss would want but 2k would probably take it if someone wants a beater, it's been in the way but i haven't had time to spiff it up to sell and it's too good to part out

Jehu
07-28-2007, 09:51 PM
looks like it could use some love, but for 1,800 you could drive for a while and save your 540 from the perils of the winter roads, then when it dies...part it out for the trans & M30.

To be fair the flash highlights every little bleimish.It looks less bedraggled in person. Some Windex,Leatherique and a vacume would rehab a lot of what the flash accentuated. If its a strong runner with decent potential I have a parking space ready for it.

Paul in NZ
07-28-2007, 10:18 PM
the M30 in the e28 with a manual would be a nice car.The e 28 is lighter thn the e34.THis(i think gives the e28 a better power to weight ratio

Ross
07-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Something about a car with a service manual on the front seat and spare bottles of oil, coolant, jumper cables, etc. in the trunk that makes me a little nervous.

repenttokyo
07-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Something about a car with a service manual on the front seat and spare bottles of oil, coolant, jumper cables, etc. in the trunk that makes me a little nervous.

dude, if an old car doesn't leak, that means it's dry ;)

seriously tho, my car is 17 years old, i have a service manual in the rear seat pouch, and coolant, oil and jumper cables in the trunk - i think that's just prudent.

Bin_jammin
07-29-2007, 01:47 PM

Oh god, stop, you're killing me! Seriously, I'm cracking up!

On another note (or perhaps the same note) I've been a mechanic for a Loooong time now, and there's an old saying: "Never buy a car from a mechanic." Basically, if it's owned by a guy that fixes cars for a living, at the end of the day he's not going to want to tear into his own car. I'd certainly say this statement holds some heavy water.

Rusty Bavaria
07-30-2007, 01:08 PM
That exhaust looks like an "eta" engine (528e) I'm pretty sure the 535is has a dual pipe out of the muffler (or a larger diameter if aftermarket replacement). But I'm sure you'll figure out what it is once you pop the hood or drive it. :)

Jim

mattyb
07-31-2007, 12:59 AM
hey jammin what car do you drive?