PDA

View Full Version : Do e32 seats fit an e34?

karl1171
07-28-2007, 04:12 PM
The (leather) drivers seat in my e 34 is very dirty/stained and quite cracked - I think its past saving! I've found and e 32 today in my local breakers, which has slightly better condition seats.

I realise the rear seat is a bit wider but are the fronts the same size as the e34?

By the way I've just done a search on 'seats' so I'm going to try some cif tomorrow!

winfred
07-28-2007, 06:38 PM
it'll bolt up but the plug may or may not be the same depending on the e32, you could swap harnesses and use your e34 electrics if the seat is good and cheep enough to be worth the effort if it's different

gtopaul
07-29-2007, 07:52 AM
The (leather) drivers seat in my e 34 is very dirty/stained and quite cracked - I think its past saving! I've found and e 32 today in my local breakers, which has slightly better condition seats.

I realise the rear seat is a bit wider but are the fronts the same size as the e34?

By the way I've just done a search on 'seats' so I'm going to try some cif tomorrow!

I have two E32 740i front seats in my 92 525i. The E32 drivers seats came with seat memory and everything else while my 525i only had power and heat. The E32 seat plug was different where it plugs into the chassis harness. I swapped the 525 seat harness into the E32 seat and while doing so found the original 525 harness also had a plug for the seat bolsters (taped out of the way) so I plugged that in. Now the seat has power adjustment, heat, and adjustable bolsters. The passenger seat was a straight swap. I left the E32 plastic seats pieces on the seats and used the E32 seat belt buckles. In retropsect it would have been better to use the 525 plastic side panels (they'll fit on the E32 seats) because they have more clearance near the console and B-pillar. The E32 pieces will work but they rub a bit.

Paul