PDA

View Full Version : Need coil help for son's first car

John in Nova Scotia
07-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Hi all,
I haven't been on here in a long time since I haven't driven my 535 in quite a while. I gave it to my son for his 16th B'day this year and he gets his license in a couple of weeks. I was getting it ready for the road for him and noticed that I have two broken rear coils and the dealer's prices are crazy
I am wondering a couple things. First, if anyone has any used ones kicking around and second if ones from a 540i will fit (Bruno has some).
Thanks for any and all help
John
Oh yeah, it is an 89 535ia

Bin_jammin
07-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Will the coils from an e32 735 fit? I've got an extra set not doing anything, pay shipping from CT and they're yours. PM me if you want 'em

John in Nova Scotia
07-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Will the coils from an e32 735 fit? I've got an extra set not doing anything, pay shipping from CT and they're yours. PM me if you want 'em

Wow, thanks for the quick reply Bin_Jammin...and the offer. I guess I will have to ask now if anyone knows if one's from an E32 will fit...:D

Bin_jammin
07-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick reply Bin_Jammin...and the offer. I guess I will have to ask now if anyone knows if one's from an E32 will fit...:D

Uhm, you want I should take longer to reply next time? ;)

But seriously, let me know if you need them, I stripped an e32 that I bought for parts for my e34, so I have a full front and most of a rear suspension. I think the only thing I'm missing from the rear is the subframe.

Tiger
07-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Share the part numbers and you will know if it is same or not.

Ross
07-28-2007, 12:33 PM
The part # isn't going to tell you if it will fit. The # will tell you if it's an exact match, doubtful since the E32 is a heavier car.
There are likely several springs for each car. Check through the #s at realoem and if any match over the course of production for both cars then chances are the E32 springs will work. If I were a gambling man I'd bet the E32 springs will fit.

John in Nova Scotia
07-29-2007, 09:03 PM
The part # isn't going to tell you if it will fit. The # will tell you if it's an exact match, doubtful since the E32 is a heavier car.
There are likely several springs for each car. Check through the #s at realoem and if any match over the course of production for both cars then chances are the E32 springs will work. If I were a gambling man I'd bet the E32 springs will fit.

Well can't seem to find any numbers that match so thought I would bring this to the top to see if anyone knows....:D :D