PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Blade Arm

GoldenOne
07-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey all,

Just need a little explanation...I went to go replace the wiper blades last night on my sisters e34. I notice that the driver arm "hook" is bended away from the windshield where as the passenger is bended toward the windshield. I dont have my e34 to compare it to and I cant figure out how to put these bosch icons on lol. TIA

Rus
07-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Can you pop out the plastic piece in the wiper and flip it over? That should do the trick for the driver's side. The original wiper blade from BMW (which is what I have) has the proper orientation for the hook up.

Edit: Just looked up the icon blade mounting system and it looks like it won't adapt to the E34 wiper arms.

BMWCCA1
07-28-2007, 09:57 PM
You might need to replace the arm with one from a later car. The discontinued the upside-down one at some point. My '95 has both sides the same.

CharlesAFerg
07-29-2007, 06:05 AM
You might need to replace the arm with one from a later car. The discontinued the upside-down one at some point. My '95 has both sides the same.

Yeah, I need a new one for this reason as well as chattering, it's loose or something. I think some lightbulb who replaced my windshield a while back messed with it.