PDA

View Full Version : OT: norcal camp sites

Kulasstar
07-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Hey guys,

Im trying to plan a camping trip for early september and I need some suggestions. Some where in northern california. I would like it to be secluded but a real camp site not just in the middle of the woods. I wanna be "roughin it" so no cabins or stores around. and I also want to be close to a lake or river for swimming or fishing. You guys know any good spots?
Ive been told big basin is a good one but ive also heard some negatives things about it.

BradHouser
07-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Hey guys,

Im trying to plan a camping trip for early september and I need some suggestions. Some where in northern california. I would like it to be secluded but a real camp site not just in the middle of the woods. I wanna be "roughin it" so no cabins or stores around. and I also want to be close to a lake or river for swimming or fishing. You guys know any good spots?
Ive been told big basin is a good one but ive also heard some negatives things about it.

Not a lot of fishing or swimming in Big Basin. You may want to check out Pine Crest Lake (http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/stanislaus/fishing/lakes/pinecrest.shtml), in the Sierras. In September, it gets pretty cold at night, so make sure you bring good sleeping bags.