PDA

View Full Version : Don't ever order from Bavarian Autosport

J.DeFeo
07-26-2007, 07:32 AM
My entire ordeal with them has been a total nightmare. I ordered a flywheel and clutch kit from them on June 30th. There was no indication on their webpage that any of these parts were out of stock, so I assumed that they were in stock.

Big mistake, as it turns out.

The flywheel and several pieces from the clutch kit were backordered. No big deal, I thought. I can wait a week or so before getting my car back on the road (throwout bearing failed).

1 week turned into 3 weeks. The flywheel finally came in from the manufacturer on the 23rd of July. I called and the person I spoke to said everything was in and I should have my stuff by the 24th or the 25th.

Nothing arrived, so I call back on the 26th to hear that the pressure plate has been on back order and should have arrived on the 13th of July. They had no idea where it was or what happened. That means that in 2 weeks they never bothered to call the manufacturer or figure out what the hell was going on. 2 weeks more that I can't drive my car and have to depend on the generosity of my roommate for transportation.

I'm absolutely livid. It took all the effort in the world not to reach through the phone line and choke the customer service rep I spoke with to death. I can't believe this.

If they don't absolutely bend over backwards to get me my parts by tomorrow I'm just going to cancel and order the parts from BMA, LIKE I SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE.

Ross
07-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Most parts houses don't stock everything they sell. It's their ordering policy that can screw you . If their vendor has a minimum order or more likely offers better prices on larger orders then orders will be combined. Chances are you are waiting because the order for your clutch wasn't even placed until a purchasing agent had the volume to make it convenient for them. Then Bav Auto assumes complete shipment from their vendor.
Having once worked in the parts business I can tell you most will try to accomodate a "vehicle down" order if they are aware.

brosher
07-26-2007, 08:31 AM
When ever something is back ordered run away if you need it sooner than later. This applies to any vendor. I've placed several orders with them and haven't had any problems. Their pressure bleeder is a giant piece of sh1t though.

markus
07-26-2007, 09:03 AM
i never had any problems with bav auto and i have been ordering with them for years now. maybe yur salesman was a deouchebag.

Russell
07-26-2007, 10:15 AM
I had a similar problem with rubber mats and Bav-auto. I had to check over and over. They do not tell you when to expect delivery until you call them. I buy as little as possible from them.

Evan
07-26-2007, 12:42 PM
I ordered from them.... once. ;)

Dr. evil
07-26-2007, 01:11 PM
i had this problem with my intake boot order, they got it to me eventually. i like the selection of parts too much to stop using them.

most of the performace stuff seems a bit over priced.

blackpawn5
07-26-2007, 01:21 PM
while most of their performance parts are over priced, i have been ordering from them for years as well and never had a problem. although i dont do much internet buying these days. i always call when making a purchase. it just seems to go a whole lot smoother.

J.DeFeo
07-26-2007, 02:23 PM
while most of their performance parts are over priced, i have been ordering from them for years as well and never had a problem. although i dont do much internet buying these days. i always call when making a purchase. it just seems to go a whole lot smoother.

This is a good idea and definitely what I'll be doing from now on. It just infuriates me when I get charged for parts that I won't get for a month. They've had my money for a month and I have nothing!

I finally did get everything sorted, I was going with an e24 flywheel and clutch kit but I can't wait any more so I changed it to just a regular e34 clutch kit. No lightened flywheel for me this time :(.

Macv
07-26-2007, 02:25 PM
But.... aside from their overpriced .... EVERYTHING.... I love Bavauto.

Sure, I love BMA more, but Bavauto has only treated me poorly on one minor occasion.. and I can let that go.

Sorry for your luck man.

i always call when making a purchase. it just seems to go a whole lot smoother.

+1 People > Computers

Evan
07-26-2007, 02:40 PM
BavAuto is the BMW parts equivalent of Crutchfield for electornics... or does anyone remember DAK?

They go heavy on the marketing and advertising.. and you pay for it.

Ross
07-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Bav Auto seems a better source for accessories than "hard" parts. I've bought a few sets of their custom embroidered mats and they are very nice.
A good selection of goodies and hoo ha but everything else can be had for a bunch less usually. They are only cheaper than a dealer if you are paying full list price.

repenttokyo
07-26-2007, 02:54 PM
BavAuto is the BMW parts equivalent of Crutchfield for electornics... or does anyone remember DAK?

They go heavy on the marketing and advertising.. and you pay for it.

I've never had any problems with Crutchfield.

Sam-Son
07-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Nothing but good things from the ealings I've had with them

Macv
07-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Bav Auto seems a better source for accessories than "hard" parts.

Good point, now that I think about it, I've only ordered like 3 non-accessory type parts from them. Thanks for the review on the mats as well.... I'm needing some.

Vanguard
07-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Anytime I've ever checked their site for something, I've always been able to find it somewhere else for quite a bit less.