PDA

View Full Version : Been a long time!

rockyfeller
07-24-2007, 01:08 AM
Hey guys,
Been a loong time since I've been on here! I am scared to say this but about 1 yr ago I bought a new car. My 06 E-class got totalled and my E34 started slipping it's tranny.

Yes I did the unthinkable! I temporarily switched out of German cars for awhile. I bought an Acura TL! I must say I lucked out! I found a forum which is simply great and always reminds me of this one! (There aren't too many great forums out there with people who know what they're talking about!) And the E-class was replaced with an ES350. I know, I know shoot me!

The TL is a totally different type of car and I've done a lot of work to it. I noticed I get a lot more stares and compliments with this car. It is simply great in many many ways but I still miss my old V8 540i. They sure don't make em like that anymore. Built like a vault, torque like a train and handling with no effort. Not everyone understands or appreciates old classic German cars like E34s MBs and Porsches.

I love this forum and I really thought I was going to be here longer. I had so many plans for that car, I loved it. But after spending $1000s on repairs I wasn't going to go for a new tranny. I searched for months and couldn't get a buyer. I would have sold it as is but instead traded it for $2500 for the Lexus and stripped it. Sad, I wanted to see it go to a good home!

I have a couple things I'm selling off from the old car if you guys are interested.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=34340

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=34341

Good luck to all you E34 guys and thanks for all the help you have lended me through the years. I don't want to say bye here, I'm going to be checking in here and there. Take care.

mikell
07-24-2007, 08:27 AM
So, looking for sympathy? Okay - good luck and be safe.

Ross
07-24-2007, 08:29 AM
E34s are classics now? Jeez, I am old.
Good luck with that gussied up Camry.

spyrot1
07-24-2007, 10:14 AM

I think you mean gussied up Accord... :D

Evan
07-24-2007, 10:44 AM
we don't like you anymore

(but good job on the classifed ad disguised as a hello)

rockyfeller
07-24-2007, 12:24 PM
HAHA OK guys, shoulda expected those replies. But I am coming back to BMW soon!

peks
07-25-2007, 11:21 AM

I think you mean gussied up Accord... :D

I think both