PDA

View Full Version : rainwater leaking into driver's floorboard

jdt10768
07-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Last week after a heavy rain, my wife's 1992 525i Touring had a fairly heavy leak onto the driver's side floorboard from just above the dead pedal (left hand side). She said that she didn't run through any huge puddles. I checked the drains from the front of the sunroof down, and they were clear with no obstructions. Any ideas?

GoldenOne
07-23-2007, 01:16 PM
I had the same problem a few months back and did the same thing you did...nowadays it has seem to have gone away *knock on wood*

NielsGalan
07-23-2007, 02:35 PM
My theory is that you are in England, and your car is under water!

E34-520iSE
07-23-2007, 04:19 PM
I have a similar problem starting to rear it's head. Last week I thought it was down to a hole drilled under the boot (trunk) rubber seal. Now I'm not so sure, as I filled the hole up yet my spare wheel well is slowly filling up again!? WTF? Is it the rear window seal? I'm getting a bit p'd off with this rain!

Cheers,

Shaun M

Herb
07-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Mine is doing the same thing on ds and ps, my shop said is it most likely a front window seal problem. I only notice it when the temp drops considerably for the on going storm.
Herbert.

E34-520iSE
07-24-2007, 02:44 AM
I guess these cars weren't built to withstand all this rain we're having. I'm tempted to buy one of those cheap plastic car covers to keep the water out.

Cheers,

Shaun M

Ferret
07-24-2007, 06:03 AM
I guess these cars weren't built to withstand all this rain we're having. I'm tempted to buy one of those cheap plastic car covers to keep the water out.

Cheers,

Shaun M

Hah,

Do what I did with my first car - an '87 vw polo that I could not find the leak as hard as I tried...

I drilled a little 2mm hole in the base of the spare tyre well and never had a flooded boot again :D

Chuck a few lumps of silica gel in there and bobs your uncle (I've got a few massive bags shipped with my new sofas if you want em :p )

tgrandahl
07-24-2007, 09:16 PM
I had a leak through the wiring grommet that is in back of the engine bay fuse box. The plug on the inside of it was not seated right and when it rained real hard water would come in.

BFEINZIMER
07-24-2007, 11:23 PM
This is what I had, stupid alarm installers ****ed it up...you know it leaks all over your dash wiring..and the water runs along the drivers footrest and along the outside of the foot vent....you can't replace the rubber seal without the entire wiring peice...

I had a leak through the wiring grommet that is in back of the engine bay fuse box. The plug on the inside of it was not seated right and when it rained real hard water would come in.