PDA

View Full Version : Hub Rings on Rear Causing Shakes...

t.wak
07-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey Everyone

Recently got some Style 66s put on off an E39, and had a slight shake on the rear even with the hub-rings on.

Apparently you could actually see the rims shake from outside the car!!! Got a fellar in to check the balancing on the rears, and in the process he noticed that the rings were wearing out (only after a week!). He took them off and sure enough the shake is gone.

Should I be worried about driving -without- the rings? Perhaps the rings I got sold were the wrong size? I still have rings on the fronts without issues.

Thanks

Aden

RobPatt
07-22-2007, 09:24 PM
can get them from tirerack for a few bucks each... just call them and tell them you got a 98-96 model 5 series...and have wheels from a 96-03(?) model year 5 series... theyll know hte right internal and external diameter for the "shims" (rings) you need. They got me my aluminium rings for the style 5s I'm wearing, and they've been fine for a few years now....

Hey Everyone

Recently got some Style 66s put on off an E39, and had a slight shake on the rear even with the hub-rings on.

Apparently you could actually see the rims shake from outside the car!!! Got a fellar in to check the balancing on the rears, and in the process he noticed that the rings were wearing out (only after a week!). He took them off and sure enough the shake is gone.

Should I be worried about driving -without- the rings? Perhaps the rings I got sold were the wrong size? I still have rings on the fronts without issues.

Thanks

Aden

t.wak
07-22-2007, 09:33 PM
I can purchase them from a couple of places around where I live here in Australia, fair bit more expensive that a few bucks though haha...

I will buy a pair from another distributor and see if they're any better.

Thank you.