PDA

View Full Version : OT:I am NOT having a good week...

Ferret
07-22-2007, 11:53 AM
So yeah, the wench comes across on friday night and says: 'Any chance you can have a look at my car, it's been making a few scraping noises while driving.'
'For how long?'
'Oh... not long...*awkward silence*'

Eeew, puny Mazda brakes:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/DSC00007.jpg
Pulled the front callipers apart to find :
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/DSC00009.jpg
Yeah, how long's it been making that noise then?

Damn women and cars >: (

Coming home from a quick supermarket visit this afternoon, go around the reading bridge roundabout... a car on the left looks like it's going to pull out on us and cut us up, but stops. We proceed and suddenly the car sets off like a rocket. Jane swerves once, and avoids this bastard, but he just keeps coming without looking straight into the side of the Maz. >:/ Guy who was driving the Pug claims he stalled it and was 'already on the roundabout' so had right of way. Yeah **** off... the car already on the roundabout has priority over ANY vechicle that wants to come onto the roundabout. It wasnt even his car he was driving and the owner sounded seriously pissed off at him, jabbering away in Polish.

I hope to god he's insured, as I've got his address and phone and there's gonna be serious **** if he's not.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/IMAGE_00007.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/IMAGE_00008.jpg
On a sidenote, jeeze I need a haircut, and I've just spotted the bimmer garage right behind me.

winfred
07-22-2007, 12:28 PM
i was going to say i see a rondel and blow the pic up in ps but....

and I've just spotted the bimmer garage right behind me.

whiskychaser
07-23-2007, 11:08 AM
I love the bit about him already being on the roundabout so you had to give way. That really explains why he T-boned YOU doesnt it?:) Seeing the plate I'd have been tempted to get the law on the scene. Is this just since you moved house or are you always this luckY?

Macv
07-23-2007, 02:18 PM
That really explains why he T-boned YOU doesnt it?

haha. Sorry for your luck. Hopefully he won't tell his insurance (giving that he has it) co. that you were at fault.

Kick his ass.

pundit
07-23-2007, 06:48 PM
So yeah, the wench comes across on friday night and says: 'Any chance you can have a look at my car, it's been making a few scraping noises while driving.'
'For how long?'
'Oh... not long...*awkward silence*'
Yeah, how long's it been making that noise then?

Damn women and cars >:... (
Many years ago I sold a friend of mine a Mazda Capella 1600.

After about a year he rang me to say the brakes were making a grinding noise.

I asked... "How long have they been making this noise?"

"Oh a few days", he replied.

I told him to drive around to my place so I could took take a look.
About 20 mins later he rang me on his cell phone to say he was in a nearby supermarket car park and something made of metal had fallen out from underneath the front of the car.

I drove over and discovered what the metal object was.
It was the disc pad backing plate.
Apart from the fact the was no brake lining material at all, the backing plate itself had worn from about 5mm down to around 3mm thick!
This meant it was now thin enough to slip between the caliper mount and the disc rotor and fall out on to the road, which was exactly what it did.
Fortunately the piston didn't pop out of the caliper.

A few days???!!... yeah sure!!

leicesterboy15
07-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Good job you got pics, these will prove invaluable in your defense. Its clear from the damage and the damage location that you were on the roundabout and he went into you, him stalling is just his bad luck, nothing to do with you and your insurance co won't care either! My mate got hit by a minicab who turned right in front of him, an off duty police man who was passing told him to take pics so he did. When the insurance claim went through the minicab driver claimed my friend had hit him from behind! Can you believe the cheek!!? Luckily the pics showed the positioning of the two cars and the damage on them and clearly the showed the rear of the minicab had been untouched. If it wasn't for the pics it would have been one word against the other which is a new world of pain.