PDA

View Full Version : E34 Clear corner lights and bumper lenses

Unregistered
05-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Which brand & source clear corner lights and bumper lenses are best for the money? Which to avoid?

bahnstormer
05-11-2004, 03:40 PM
all the same cheap plastic part...in pro is the most common one, and biggest name

Unregistered
05-12-2004, 01:10 AM
'in pro" does not show up on Google in conjunction with BMW parts.

Could you please be more specific in naming a good source of clear corner and bumper lights?

TC535i
05-12-2004, 01:20 AM
Buy the BMW corner lights, all the others have cheap rubber and WILL seperate.

For the bumper lights, don't buy clear ones... get the Euro strips, that are solid black, no holes for bumper lights. Much cleaner look, the "clear" bumper lights look pretty cheesy.

rickm
05-12-2004, 04:31 AM
Try "Inpro". I believe Hella makes clear corners also. Pricier, but higher quality. (Search the archives, I think some folks have had the cheap lights leak.)

TC535i
05-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Try "Inpro". I believe Hella makes clear corners also. Pricier, but higher quality. (Search the archives, I think some folks have had the cheap lights leak.)

I had the off-brand ones before, within a year the rubber trim will dry out and seperate from the light. You're better off buying the BMW/Hella ones from the start and calling it a day.

shragon
05-12-2004, 12:35 PM
I had the off-brand ones before, within a year the rubber trim will dry out and seperate from the light. You're better off buying the BMW/Hella ones from the start and calling it a day.
i agree. for clear corners, get the ones from the stealer. it's a bmw part made by hella. pacificbmw.com and circlebmw.com. hell, bma might even be able to get a deal for you.

in the past, i also had some cheap no name clears which are commonly found on ebay and other import parts sites. the rubber seals on them went bad real fast as tim said.

i now have in.pro smoked corners. they're holding up well. the in.pro's will be a little harder to find.