PDA

View Full Version : Time for oil change

baksa
07-20-2007, 01:49 AM
I've been waiting too long for an oil change because I had oil dripping out of oil pan gasket and there was no reason I should let my new oil drip also, so I let it be with adding oil now and then. Of course, I fixed the dripping problem by tightening gasket screws and it is now OK. From some time ago I have yellow and red lights on my dash and "inspection" lit on. It's OK because I know I have to change oil and filter and reset interval, but few days ago I noticed a little clock icon left of "inspection" is also lit. I can't remember if it was on few days ago or not, but what does it mean and does it comes on independently of inspection sign?

bmwrp8
07-21-2007, 12:43 AM
I've been waiting too long for an oil change because I had oil dripping out of oil pan gasket and there was no reason I should let my new oil drip also, so I let it be with adding oil now and then. Of course, I fixed the dripping problem by tightening gasket screws and it is now OK. From some time ago I have yellow and red lights on my dash and "inspection" lit on. It's OK because I know I have to change oil and filter and reset interval, but few days ago I noticed a little clock icon left of "inspection" is also lit. I can't remember if it was on few days ago or not, but what does it mean and does it comes on independently of inspection sign?

clock symbol means you have to change your brake fluid...you also have to reset that