PDA

View Full Version : Vibrations

bmwrp8
07-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Guys I've been having vibrations in my car from 120kms. up... it seems its coming from the center to rear.I just changed my center bearing and found out my car doesn't have a guibo which is odd...anyway after changing the center bearing car ran smoother than before but I still have that annoying vibrations when I reach 120kph or more. I'm thinking when I had that dreaded shimmy I installed hub centric ring in front and went away, do you guys think putting a hub centric ring in the rear would eliminate the vibrations? I have 17" AC Schnitzers

MTV
07-19-2007, 12:29 PM
If your set of rims needed rings due to the difference in bore size, the rings should have been put on all four of the rims. It is possible that the rears are the ones shaking at the mentioned speed due to the lack of the hub-centric rings.

Try checking your rear tires too (Bad wear/Balance)... the rears are usually worn on the inner portion of the tire most especially if you are using after-market springs such as Eibach, Vogtland or the like. I have a set Eibach's with a staggered set of Style 32's and they ate up my last set of tires pretty bad. But then again the ContiSportContact's are not known for good tread wear. :D

bmwrp8
07-19-2007, 12:37 PM
If your set of rims needed rings due to the difference in bore size, the rings should have been put on all four of the rims. It is possible that the rears are the ones shaking at the mentioned speed due to the lack of the hub-centric rings.

Try checking your rear tires too (Bad wear/Balance)... the rears are usually worn on the inner portion of the tire most especially if you are using after-market springs such as Eibach, Vogtland or the like. I have a set Eibach's with a staggered set of Style 32's and they ate up my last set of tires pretty bad. But then again the ContiSportContact's are not known for good tread wear. :D

just bought new tires and yep they had uneven wear esp. at the rear:( Do you think its only the centric rings? the vibrations are really harsh esp. when I get around 140-160kph..

632 Regal
07-19-2007, 03:00 PM
just put the rings in, cant diagnose anything more until that point.

just bought new tires and yep they had uneven wear esp. at the rear:( Do you think its only the centric rings? the vibrations are really harsh esp. when I get around 140-160kph..

MTV
07-19-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree with 632 Regal... Install the rings on the rears and see if that might take care of the shaking. :)

bmwrp8
07-19-2007, 06:29 PM
ok i'll look for one.grrrr... its soo hard to find those rings here.. just went to the shop where I bought my first one and they said they don't sell that anymore :( thanks guys.i'll get back with you if the problem still persists after

bmwrp8
07-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Problem fixed!!!:D I had hub centric rings at the rear all along...had the prop.shaft checked and they said it was straight...I checked my tires just to make sure even though it was new...turned out to be my AC Schnitzer rims was a fault...2 rear rims was bent and one at the front thats why I had vibrations...had it repaired and I paid 5,994 philippine pesos or around $1++ hehehe thankyou guys for the help:D :D

Ariel525i
08-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Problem fixed!!!:D I had hub centric rings at the rear all along...had the prop.shaft checked and they said it was straight...I checked my tires just to make sure even though it was new...turned out to be my AC Schnitzer rims was a fault...2 rear rims was bent and one at the front thats why I had vibrations...had it repaired and I paid 5,994 philippine pesos or around $1++ hehehe thankyou guys for the help:D :D

Where did you have them repaired? give me a holler 0917-5331929:)

bmwrp8
08-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Where did you have them repaired? give me a holler 0917-5331929:)

miller dude west avenue...my number is 09279974570 or 09228124600-ronald:D joint our new bmwe34club of the philippines...:D :D