PDA

View Full Version : Mirror dip w/man trans?

Ross
07-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Is the right mirror supposed to dip on manual trans cars when in reverse? I'm thinkin so but neither of mine do.

Rus
07-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Not all e34s had this feature. I believe it requires memory seats, so if you don't have them, you won't have the auto-dip mirror.

J.DeFeo
07-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Not all e34s had this feature. I believe it requires memory seats, so if you don't have them, you won't have the auto-dip mirror.

My car has memory seats but the mirror do no dip. Does this mean that feature is broken, or is it compeltely seperated from memory seats?

Ross
07-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Both of my automatic cars dip the right mirror in reverse, only one of them has memory seats.

scott540
07-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Make sure you have the mirror switch on the door pushed to the passenger side

attack eagle
07-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Both of my automatic cars dip the right mirror in reverse, only one of them has memory seats.

yeah but I bet the one that does is the e34... right? :D OR else it shouldn't do it.

Got good reverse bulbs? With blown (or missing) bulbs your autodimming mirror won't work, so I bet the dip mirror won't either.

Ross
07-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Okee dokee, the E39 has memory seats, auto trans and the mirror dips when in reverse. The E34 automatic doesn't have memory seats and the mirror does NOT dip as I previously stated. All these cars kind of melt together in my feeble mind.
Neither of my manual trans cars have memory seats and neither dips the mirror in reverse.
Apparently my faulty recollection of how the touring's mirror worked is the source of my confusion.
Am I correct now that the dipping feature is part of the memory seat option and not correlated to the transmission? And happily then no fault to correct with the E34s.

attack eagle
07-23-2007, 11:29 AM
correct.