PDA

View Full Version : The good, the bad, and the horror.

Bin_jammin
07-18-2007, 03:03 PM
So I've been working on my e34, and it's been fighting me the whole way. I've been documenting the project on cardomain, and this is probably going to be the last update I'm going to have for a while. I'm not trying to promote cardomain or anything, and if anyone has a problem with me posting the link to it just let me know and I'll pull it, I don't want to step on toes, but either way, enjoy the night that ended with two broken transmissions and me leaving the shop at 3am.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2657002/9

***EDIT***

Changed the page number.

Dr. evil
07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
OMG........ that trany fuild gives me chills.

attack eagle
07-18-2007, 03:52 PM
metalflakes is supposed to make cars faster...

repenttokyo
07-18-2007, 04:20 PM
no, you're thinking of speed-holes.

Macv
07-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Some neat pics!

Bin_jammin
07-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Some neat pics!

thanks, seems like the only neat thing left about this project at this point.

Ross
07-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Bummer there. Can you, or perhaps someone else, make one
good box out of the remains?
Don't feel too bad. Your lesson is well learned and still at this point cheaper than paying for a new one.
I struggled alone installing a C-6 in an old Ford years ago and jammed the torque converter into the front pump effectively ruining the trans. Hasn't happened since. Wish I had a tranny for you.

Bin_jammin
07-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Bummer there. Can you, or perhaps someone else, make one
good box out of the remains?
Don't feel too bad. Your lesson is well learned and still at this point cheaper than paying for a new one.
I struggled alone installing a C-6 in an old Ford years ago and jammed the torque converter into the front pump effectively ruining the trans. Hasn't happened since. Wish I had a tranny for you.

No, both boxes were damaged in the exact same manner. Same exact parts. On the bright side, I found an auto box, and if I can somehow scratch together the money I've also found another car to do a manual swap on. Looks like I'm going to be very poor in the near future.

Well... more very poor than I am now... restoring a bmw? Brilliant!

P.S. I wish you had a tranny for me too...

e34m30SF
07-20-2007, 12:43 AM
I have the same car as you, and I'm kinda in the same boat as you too, with the lack of funds yet the love of our Glacier Blues. Makes me wanna repaint my driver rear qtr panel from that dent the prev owner put in.

But of course, rebuilding my head due to a failed timing chain bracket comes first (the plastic thing)

cobb535
07-22-2007, 06:41 AM
I just replaced my auto trans in my 89 535 with a good (i hope ) used unit. the old tranny just started to give me trouble - baulky into reverse and no lock up of converter. etc.
If you can use my old one and can pick it up in North Atlanta... it is yours at no charge!
good luck!