PDA

View Full Version : bad things happen at stop lights

Dr. evil
07-17-2007, 11:50 PM

I was sitting at a stop light when suddenly a blue blur comes into my rearview mirror. After the smash i get out to see the damage and look at the other guy who was already out of his car, he just says "i have insurance". When he said that i started to to think something was wrong, so he gets into his car(a pinto or someting)and runs from the intersection. So as fast as i could i get in the bimmer and chase him long enough to get his licens plate number. Hopfully the cops can sort it out.

so i figer that he does not have insurance and i'm going to have to thow some money at body work.

on the bright side the car isn't completely trashed,and it seemed that his car got the worst of the damage.

bmwrp8
07-17-2007, 11:56 PM
oh sh*t that sucks:( I feel your pain...goodluck

Dr. evil
07-18-2007, 12:00 AM
the worst part about it is the truck lid won't shut, i'm ether going to fix it or take the system out before someone trieds to rob me.

Ferret
07-18-2007, 01:15 AM
Hmm, will it pass its next inspection if the rear end of the bodywork's collapsed?

I know in the UK that if your lower cross-frame that the boot closes onto is buckled, it wont pass an MOT as it's a structural part of the car.

infurno
07-18-2007, 01:20 AM
man im sorry to hear you were in a hit and run, I personally know what thats like. Glad you got his plate, I hope you do everything it takes to have him fined or locked up.

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-18-2007, 02:12 AM
so the BMW minions can hunt this pinto driving cum stain down

BFEINZIMER
07-18-2007, 02:17 AM
that ****in sucks but its always time for a BAd joke

you woulda caught him if u dident have a 525

aaaa ok everyone get pissed at me :/

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-18-2007, 02:25 AM

you would a caught him if u dident have a 525

/

He would have been hurt if it wasn't an E34

Ferret
07-18-2007, 02:28 AM

Doesn't it become a criminal case if he claims he has whiplash?

Injuring person + Driving away is much more severe than Damaging car + Driving away?

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-18-2007, 02:32 AM

Injuring person + Driving away is much more severe than Damaging car + Driving away?

leaving the scene of an accident is a crime, injury or not

Dr. evil
07-18-2007, 02:48 AM
Hmm, will it pass its next inspection if the rear end of the bodywork's collapsed?

I know in the UK that if your lower cross-frame that the boot closes onto is buckled, it wont pass an MOT as it's a structural part of the car.

here in New Mexico you only get an inspection when register the car for the first time. thay also don't test emissions.

actually i was pretty relived that i didn't have the SRS system hooked up. i heard that when the airbag goes it destroys you windsheild.

Dr. evil
07-18-2007, 03:03 AM

i belive in carma too much to ever try somthing like that. i just what his to play for the damage that he has done. Besides its allready jail time for a hit and run.

he hit anouther big truck running from me but the guy he hit had a big ass bummper so it didn't hurt him at all. the dude in the truck never pressed charges because he didn't have any damage.
After he finish wrecking his car into my bumper when and started running you could see smoke coming form the hood and tailpipe,then he hit that truck and took out the rest of his lights. i figer he didn't get too far

bmwrp8
07-18-2007, 03:05 AM
leaving the scene of an accident is a crime, injury or not

true true...

bmwrp8
07-18-2007, 03:08 AM
[/QUOTE]actually i was pretty relived that i didn't have the SRS system hooked up. i heard that when the airbag goes it destroys you windsheild.[/QUOTE]

The SRS wouldn't deploy if you were struck at the rear...Its a good thing though you where not hurt:)

infurno
07-18-2007, 03:10 AM
Hope the plate checks out under the driver and the car was not stolen in the first place.

Dr. evil
07-18-2007, 03:20 AM
Hope the plate checks out under the driver and the car was not stolen in the first place.
Me too, but i figure that even if they even do find the guy he most likely will not have insurance. I'm getting myself ready to face the fact that i might have to go to court to gat any cash.

The SRS wouldn't deploy if you were struck at the rear
hhumm... i didn't know that.... i haven't had the the cash to buy the SRS light reset tool yet.

infurno
07-18-2007, 03:33 AM
did he not put up much of a fight?

If I was in your position, and the guy was running red lights or going 90 mph on streets I would probably have had to just let him go.

mamilapon
07-18-2007, 04:02 AM
Well with my insurance if youre able to identify the hit n run driver ie his number plate,they will fix your car and then chase the bastard! Good luck mate I feel your pain.

Dave M
07-18-2007, 06:14 AM
and it seemed that his car got the worst of the damage.

Thats funny. Even without the damage, this statement would be true ;)

It may take a while, and you may to fork out the $$ now, but I bet you get it back in time.

Dave

Elekta
07-18-2007, 06:24 AM
time to look for a used M5 bumper to replace it with, if any insurance will cut you a check.....have to capitalize somehow right? ;)

you've bumper shocks, a bumper, bumper cover, rub strips and two tone paint...just under a grand I'd guess

Dr. evil
07-18-2007, 12:52 PM
time to look for a used M5 bumper

hell yeah thats what i'm saying, i have wanted an M5 kit for a long time.

I took a better look at the car today and i didn't find any cracks in the bumper. i figure i'm going to have to remove the bumper sand out the scratches and pull the shocks back out. one of the things that i'm affarid of is the new paint not matching.

did he not put up much of a fight?
man it's funny that you said that. when i got out of the car and saw him first thing in my mind was to throw a right hook. Then the think to myself that i don't need to catch any cases over this looser.

after he hit my car, his little pos didn't seem to have much left in it. So getting close enought to get the numbers wasn't that hard.

today i get to go downtown and get the report hopefully they have good news.

[1990]525
07-19-2007, 03:13 PM
You're lucky you were hit from the rear methinks.

JoshsE34-M50
07-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Thank God it wasn't any worse. The wheels look good on the car, BTW.

Jon K
07-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I like your wheels dr evil

Dr. evil
07-22-2007, 02:27 PM

thax guys, the funny thing about it is when i go around town people ask me when i'm going to get some rims(they think they are stock). one of them is bend due to a blow out on the highway but i don't get any vibration so i'll sport them till i have problems.

i added a few more pics of her "good side". truns out that the cops found the guy, and guess what he had some insurance. So my insurance told me that i should get some more info about it on monday. hopefully it will be good news

SC David
07-22-2007, 05:00 PM
i added a few more pics of her "good side". truns out that the cops found the guy, and guess what he had some insurance. So my insurance told me that i should get some more info about it on monday. hopefully it will be good newsWheels do look good!

Sounds like good news. Should all be sorted out very soon.

Alexlind123
07-23-2007, 01:47 AM

you woulda caught him if u dident have a 525

aaaa ok everyone get pissed at me :/

Didnt you read the part where he said he got the plates? I probably would have hunted the bastard down and found a new use for the 5/8'' breaker bar in my trunk.