PDA

View Full Version : Finished my suspension rebuild... final touch questions....

Macv
07-16-2007, 10:42 PM
So I finished my suspension project today and I'm looking for some tips on some final touches.

I put in a new Sach's kit, eibach springs, control arms, sways (and links), thrust arms, and ... I think that's about it.

Questions:

1.) I'd like to purchase a nice set of ramps to use while I re-torque all these bolts under load. Which ramps are the best these days?

2.) How awesome are Brunos sub frame inserts? I'd love to grab a set, and would love some input first.

3.) Also, how beneficial is a strut bar? They're hella pretty.

Any random tips other than what I asked for is also greatly appreciated, I'd love to hear anything helpful.

And if for any retarded reason someone wants some of the old parts (not advised by me) I've got them available.

Thanks guys.

markus
07-16-2007, 11:27 PM
i just used some regular old metal ramps but the grey rhino ones are the way to go from what i have heard.

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-17-2007, 02:53 AM
un torqued, then pull up on the ramps to make sure your front end is settled.

Macv
07-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Anything else? I'm having an alignment at work tomorrow morning, so if there's anything that needs to be done before then, I need to get it done tonight.

Thanks so far, I wound up buying the 12000 lbs rhino ramps.

GoldenOne
07-17-2007, 10:12 PM
in regards to question 3...besides being pretty they tie together the two strut towers to help reduce flex under cornering...I'd recommend one

Tiger
07-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Black Rhino Ramps.