PDA

View Full Version : Is there something else i need other then a oil pan gasket?

ber55ber55
07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Im planning on redoing the oil pan gasket soon (like 2 weeks or so) while im replacing the clutch and all the tranny seals.

Is there something else other then the oil pan gasket/seal that i need? it looks like there is some kind of sealer in there that bmw might have used in the facotry. Do i need a liquid sealer on top of the gasket?

Is there anything else i should replace/clean while i have the pan out? (other then the oil pump filter screen and such)

Thanks in advance

Ross
07-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Good time for a rear main seal if it's at all questionable.

yaofeng
07-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Is there a fuel pump filter to replace? This is new to me. I didn't see one.

The sump gasket is installed dry. Do the oil level sensor o-ring. But this you can do with the sump in pace. Do the clutch release fork pivot also. It is a cheap plastic parts. There is also a gasket for the rear main seal bracket.

ber55ber55
07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
there is a fuel filter. I replaced that about 10k miles ago. Bavauto has a clutch kit that has basically everything. Could you guys check it out and let me know what you guys think of it?

I was just making sure there isnt some liquid sealer that need to be put on top of the gasket.

The oil leverl sensor o-ring is a good idea. Ill order one of those too =)

ber55ber55
07-16-2007, 08:43 PM
there is a fuel filter. I replaced that about 10k miles ago. Bavauto has a clutch kit that has basically everything. Could you guys check it out and let me know what you guys think of it?

I was just making sure there isnt some liquid sealer that need to be put on top of the gasket.

The oil leverl sensor o-ring is a good idea. Ill order one of those too =)

yaofeng
07-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Sorry I meant the oil pump filter. I never saw the oil pump filter. I thought there is a permanent metal screen.

Dave M
07-17-2007, 05:27 AM
For what its worth, there is no replacable filter to speak of on an M50 sump pump. Can't see the need or utility for anything other than the permanent steel mesh.

Dave

ber55ber55
07-17-2007, 09:54 AM
alright. thanks a bunch guys!