PDA

View Full Version : Having problem with EML on my 9/88 535i

jonmar
07-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Well, sometimes this light comes on, and the car goes into "limp mode" Revs are limited and performs like it has bananas up its exhaust.

Sometimes it does not come back on when i shut of the car, wait till the light is off, then restart. All is back to normal.

But i'm getting a bit tired of this, so i want to know if anyone knows a fix, and then how to.

And yes, i really do have EML, despite its age and all. I have ASC, throttle by wire, electronic throttle body and whatnot. Don't know if it has anything to do with it being an German import from 2004.

Hoping for help

Thanks

jonmar
07-15-2007, 09:59 AM
anyone?

winfred
07-15-2007, 10:11 AM
theres a few online procedures for repairing the dk motor, shogun is usually the best source of knowledge for the dk throttle motors, he will probably see this and post soon

jonmar
07-15-2007, 10:55 AM
yes, i've found his instructions on the internet.

I also want to know what else could trigger the EML light and limpmode.

I have the next 9 months to recondition my 535i so i want to look through everything that could be faulty.

Gledhill
08-05-2007, 11:16 PM
I have the same problem with my 1990 Alpina B10. I can't determine what sets it off but if I shut the car off and wait for the light to go off everything goes back to normal. It is really frustrating.

What are the instructions that shogun has?