PDA

View Full Version : Headers

Alexlind123
07-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Where can i find them? Bavarian autosport has them for the manual transmission version only, not my car.

markus
07-14-2007, 04:22 PM
waste of $$$ unless ur stock ones are cracked and need replacement or something of the like.

Alexlind123
07-14-2007, 05:06 PM
waste of $$$ unless ur stock ones are cracked and need replacement or something of the like.

Yup, i wouldnt be looking for headers unless my manifolds needed replacement.

Edit: Plus, im hoping that getting headers instead of replacement manifolds will improve the exhaust note (although it is already pretty sweet) and perhaps increase power a bit.

winfred
07-14-2007, 05:47 PM
i don't see why stick headers wouldn't fit a slushbox, probably a missing tab or something ******** like that, i doubt it's anything that couldn't be thought through

BigKriss
07-14-2007, 09:00 PM
reputable exhaust shop

Where can i find them? Bavarian autosport has them for the manual transmission version only, not my car.

markus
07-14-2007, 10:53 PM
the stick headers probly have a different bracket or something stuck to them. the differene is probly so small it wouldnt be hard to make them work on an auto.

Robin-535im
07-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Currently only Ireland Engineering makes new ones as far as I know. I didn't know about the Bav Auto ones... Stahl has made them in the past, Racing Dynamics made some too, as did Hartge, I think. They all come up sometimes on ebay for $200 - $600, maybe once every 1-2 months or more, and sometimes they go with no bids.

I bought some s38b35 headers to fab up to my m30... still on my to-do list. I don't know if it will add power but I looooove the design. $300 plus $100 to ship them from Germany, plus $80 for the custom header flange from Stahl.