PDA

View Full Version : :: Magnaflow

Qube
07-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Anyone have a Magnaflow and experience drone in the city slow RPMs? I haven't been able to dig up much except a video/soundclip which didn't help too much. If it doesn't drone say like a Remus, then I'll get it in on Tuesday.

bsell
07-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Anyone have a Magnaflow and experience drone in the city slow RPMs? I haven't been able to dig up much except a video/soundclip which didn't help too much. If it doesn't drone say like a Remus, then I'll get it in on Tuesday.

I can't help with the Mangaflow but can second the hatred of droning exhaust. Had this experience with an auto Skyline and aftermarket 'fat pipe' with a nasty 2K rpm drone.

I've read on the old internet (so of course it is true:D ) that there is very little improvement to be made over factory. Are you replacing rotten plumbing?

What kind of pipe are you thinking of going with, single wall or double wall? Stainless?

I wonder as the noise through the wall of the pipe can be annoying in it's own right...

repenttokyo
07-14-2007, 01:19 PM
if you keep the dual exhaust tubing on your car. then get a double x pipe, it really helped the drone on one of my v8's on the highway - it was non-existent.

Alexlind123
07-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I have a dual-in dual-out 2.5'' magnaflow. It sounds awesome from outside, but it does drone inside.

weazman187
07-14-2007, 09:46 PM
what do you guys mean by drone?
i have magnaflow with a resonator delete and i love it. its really loud and raspy.

icesoft
07-14-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm running stock downpipes into a Flowmaster dual 2" into single 2.5" collector just in front of the cat. Using a single Magnaflow cat and a Magnaflow single 2.5" in/out 4"x9"x18" case satin stainless muffler, and it's kinda loud for my tastes. It sounds awesome, but the stereo doesn't go loud enough to bury it (yet). Think I'm going to swap out that muffler for a Magnaflow Turbo XL muffler of the same size and see it that tones it down any better... It's fairly quiet inside with the windows down, and seems to drone pretty bad with the windows up. Muffler is located just after the cat in the driveshaft tunnel, there is nothing but a piece of 2.5" stainless pipe where the rear muffler used to be.