PDA

View Full Version : Finally tackling obc retrofit this weekend...

Dan in NZ
05-11-2004, 01:34 AM
Unscrewed my radio today, just gotta figure out how to get the damn analogue clock out, luckily it has the big obc harness all ready to go. I'm hoping it uses the lever system, just gotta get in there with a torch.

I've got my obc indicator stalk coming, how do I remove the old one???

Any last words of advice???

Gilesl
05-11-2004, 07:19 AM
Unscrewed my radio today, just gotta figure out how to get the damn analogue clock out, luckily it has the big obc harness all ready to go. I'm hoping it uses the lever system, just gotta get in there with a torch.

Take the plastic shorud from around the steering column, the stalk unclips. If you are like me you may not have a place to plug the OBC switch into in you column harness. I just ran new wires directly to the OBC.

Hope that Helps

Giles

mmaddock
05-11-2004, 12:43 PM

Check this excellent write up - tells you exactly what to do.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/OBC.htm

Getting the clock out is dead easy - I pulled my dash apart before realising that all you have to do is move the lever!

Good luck

Matt.

Dan in NZ
05-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys, hopefully it should all go smoothly. I've got the obc, indicator, a length of wire if I need it for the stalk button, and some misc wire joiners etc. This weekend it should be in.