PDA

View Full Version : Help! Broken Ignition Wires!

nirvana19
07-13-2007, 05:44 PM
If this doesn't sound stupid enough already, I was going about changing my ignition wires to a new bosch set. The wire to the ignition coil (I think) previously broke (the brittle plastic boot on the distributor end broke) but I held it together with electrical tape for a whike (I know, I know). Well I removed all the other wires but part of the wire to the coil is stuck inside the distributor (it was really brittle evidently) funny thing is all the other connects look perfectly clean. Is there any way I can get that out or do I just have to change the cap. Problem is I'm leaving the country for three weeks on sunday and I don't know where I can get the proper cap locally

nirvana19
07-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Also... whats the little wire that branches off the wire to cylinder 6 and where does it lead to. I can't see where it goes and when I remove it I want to be able to install the new one. Thanks!

nirvana19
07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Okay, got a new distributor cap.. that wasn't easy, but anyway one question remains, whats the little thing that branches off the wire to cylinder 6? its still eluding me

Bin_jammin
07-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Tach signal lead.

Derek A.
07-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Its the reference signal wire to the DME. It routes under the thermostat housing and plugs in near the fuel rail.