PDA

View Full Version : 1995 525i brakes

Corbett
05-11-2004, 12:18 AM
My brakes just recently started to squeak when I brake, but no indicator light is lit up. After acouple of minutes the squeaking goes away. Do I need to replace my pads or can the squeaking be something else?

Am Piobaire
05-11-2004, 01:18 AM
The squeaking could be a build up of dust - clean it out and see what happens. Each brake caliper also has a spring clip which is meant to stop the squealing - I recently changed my pads and notice one was missing - you could have one missing also. I think you can also get some spray type stuff to help with this also.

Andrew
1988 525i - white - absolutely stockers
1991 K100 LT - also white

Trevor
05-11-2004, 06:36 AM
Agree with Corbett, although brakes squeaking could be caused by them being quite worn. If the pad is a little loose in the seating due to being quote worn, that could cause the squeaking.
While you give them a clean check them out for wear.
May be time to fit some dustless pads.......

mholbrook
05-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Check your rotors for a ridge at the top. If you don't have much of a ridge you can probably get by with just a pad change. Get Mintex Red Box. They are very clean with little dust, have a pad on the back which helps with the squeel and have the edges already beveled for squeel. Plus, they really have a nice grip. Cost is minimal and to replace the pads is about an hour job.