PDA

View Full Version : Cabin vents keep blowing....

patznu
07-12-2007, 01:27 PM
non-stop, As soon as e34 is started vents blow at low blowing speed as though they are in the 1 position, when in fact they are completely off. Anyone...Any suggestions.

repenttokyo
07-12-2007, 01:44 PM
is the sunroof open?

bmwrp8
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
non-stop, As soon as e34 is started vents blow at low blowing speed as though they are in the 1 position, when in fact they are completely off. Anyone...Any suggestions.

not sure but I think its your AC control module...but let see what others think

patznu
07-12-2007, 01:58 PM
is the sunroof open?

No sunroof works fine and completely ope and closes ???

patznu
07-12-2007, 02:00 PM
not sure but I think its your AC control module...but let see what others think

Well now you are talking,

because I do not have any refridgerant in the system and planned on testing compressor and all of the above.

repenttokyo
07-12-2007, 02:03 PM
No sunroof works fine and completely ope and closes ???

what I mean is that while you are driving, the sunroof will suck air out of your vents, and there's nothing you can do about it. you will feel them blowing on you.

repenttokyo
07-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Well now you are talking,

because I do not have any refridgerant in the system and planned on testing compressor and all of the above.

you won't be able to turn on the compressor without the system being charged with refrigerant. If you want to test it "dry" you will have to run current to it manually.

patznu
07-12-2007, 02:36 PM
what I mean is that while you are driving, the sunroof will suck air out of your vents, and there's nothing you can do about it. you will feel them blowing on you.

Please clarify... because as soon as the car is started the vents blow as though I have engaged the heat/ ac.... but controls are off and not in position for car to react.

repenttokyo
07-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Please clarify... because as soon as the car is started the vents blow as though I have engaged the heat/ ac.... but controls are off and not in position for car to react.

if it happens as soon as you turn the car on, then it's not related to the sunroof being open.

i had a car do this once because a vacuum line associated with the heater controls had come loose in the engine compartment - have you taken a look to see if that has occurred?

patznu
07-12-2007, 03:05 PM
if it happens as soon as you turn the car on, then it's not related to the sunroof being open.

i had a car do this once because a vacuum line associated with the heater controls had come loose in the engine compartment - have you taken a look to see if that has occurred?

Thank you sir ... I will start there next!!

I shall keep you posted!!!