PDA

View Full Version : Eibach and no drop?

etcetera
07-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Finally got the front end buttoned up with all new parts including eibach's. Drove it around the block a few times, checked all the bolts, drove around some more and then parked it to check out how it looks... Exactly the same as it did before. The front is still way too high and the rear sits down nicely.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

At least it handles better...

bmwrp8
07-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Finally got the front end buttoned up with all new parts including eibach's. Drove it around the block a few times, checked all the bolts, drove around some more and then parked it to check out how it looks... Exactly the same as it did before. The front is still way too high and the rear sits down nicely.

what kind of eibachs did you get?? My friend bought an eibach in his z3 same ride height but stiffer ride just the way he likes it

t.wak
07-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Give them a bit of time and you will find they settle down an extra cm or so...

pundit
07-12-2007, 04:01 AM
Are you certain you haven't wound up with springs for a V8 E34?

pmlmotorsports
07-12-2007, 05:18 AM
I've had Eibachs mis-packaged on several occasions. I remember specifically, Golf springs inside Jetta boxes or two seperate occasions just off the top of my head. So I agree with Pundit, check the actual part number painted on the spring...I know, I know, it's not easy chore since they're mounted.....but that's really the only option to verify the correct part for the application.

etcetera
07-12-2007, 08:07 AM
The part # is correct. Don't recall exactly what it is but it corresponds with a 1.3" drop in front and 1 in rear. I'll be driving it today, hopefully it'll settle down a bit more, like an inch more.

Dave M
07-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Hmm, my eibachs made quite a difference. Same engine (M50) as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Bimmer/Misc/Apr182006002.jpg

Out of interest, what shocks did you pair them with and did you install 3mm spring pads? I went with new, stock boges and 3mm pads and haven't had any issues, complaints, bottoming out.

Hope they settle for you,

Dave

Tiger
07-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Maybe you had a M-Tech spring when you switched to Eibach.

genphreak
07-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Wrong springs:
525 springs are surely designed for less weight at the front. The M20 must be lighter. Does yours have a battery up front?

I know 535/540 make little difference- I have 540 M-Techs on my 535 at present, they are OK. The 540 has a heavier transmission but the engines are about the same. 525 has same tranny as 535.

Shocks:
I have a personal pet-hate that many disagree with, that bad shocks drop ride-height. This is my experience with BOGE (standard shocks):

When dead they still work but the ride height drops. Put new ones on and she goes up 1 to 2"
Also, the front coils can be sat on 9 or 3mm spring seats. They cost $2 each odd and can net you a 6mm drop at the front.

However remember the e34 is designed to be low at the back like a NasCar! It sticks better...

bmwrp8
07-12-2007, 12:39 PM
oohh i like your sig.pic. nice:)

Turbo Ready
07-12-2007, 02:55 PM
The part # is correct. Don't recall exactly what it is but it corresponds with a 1.3" drop in front and 1 in rear. I'll be driving it today, hopefully it'll settle down a bit more, like an inch more.

Can you post part numbers please?

Thanks.

brodee
07-12-2007, 03:04 PM
This is my 540 with Eibach pro springs, 3mm pads, and Billstein HD shocks.

http://www.ethirty.com/album/albums/My%20Cars/95-540i/For%20Sale/normal_PICT7494.JPG

pmlmotorsports
07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Are you reading the number from the actual spring, or the box? If it's the proper spring, you have no chioce but to wait it out and hope they settle. Good luck !!!

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Did you thighen up the conrol arms under load, if not that's your extra lift and a source for bushing failure.

Dave M
07-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Did you thighen up the conrol arms under load, if not that's your extra lift and a source for bushing failure.

Great point if he changed thrust arms at the smae time.

Dave M
07-12-2007, 06:23 PM
You know, 2+2 is the smae as 7-3 ;)

Rick L
07-12-2007, 07:04 PM
You might have the springs for 540i... I have Eibach with Koni Sport setup and it drops 1.25" in the front and 0.75" in the back for 525i.