PDA

View Full Version : Driver Side Power Seat

realness
07-08-2007, 04:12 PM
I am having an issue with the driver side power seat. I noticed today that the seat is not reclining or declining evenly. I declined the seat all the way back thinking this would fix the problem but it didn’t. I thought something was off track. When I tried to lift the seat up only the left side (near the driver’s door) of the seat comes up. The right side (near the middle of the car) stays downs. Also when I lifted the seat the back cover came off and I noticed there was two plugs a white and black one that were not connected to anything. I could not figure out what to plug these into.

Please let me know what I can do to resolve this issue

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-08-2007, 06:51 PM
the plugs under the back cover has nothing to do with it.

It's the flex cable shafts that need to be fixed by trimming 10 to 13mm off the cable jacket and re timeing the seat.

realness
07-09-2007, 07:58 AM
the plugs under the back cover has nothing to do with it.

It's the flex cable shafts that need to be fixed by trimming 10 to 13mm off the cable jacket and re timeing the seat.

Is this what i need to do to fix. It seems like it.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/i/miales/seatcablesfix.htm

realness
07-09-2007, 08:16 PM
How can I tell if the gearbox is the issue or if it is the cable? When I push the cable in rear motor and hold it tight I can feel the power going through cable as I try to recline and decline the seats. The seat also moves a little. It does not move evenly with the left side. A couple of times I got it almost even and then it just all sudden would twist.

Please let me know if I should go ahead and try the cable fix or should assume it is the gearbox.

stx133
03-10-2008, 05:27 PM
u guys rock, thanks for the fix,