PDA

View Full Version : :: Speaker question

Qube
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Need to crank up the volume before (one?) of the rear speakers 'kick in'. Once it's done that, it's good until probably the next time it's switched off. Doesn't need a 'kick' all the time though.

Causes? Factory amp/crossover, JVC headunit.

It's a pretty common thing but I can't get the right search words to make anything of it.

kev535i
07-07-2007, 02:25 AM
"sounds" like a dry solder joint to me most likely in the xover amp as its only one speaker- maybe even the just the feed to the speaker- give all the conections a good wiggle!

attack eagle
07-07-2007, 07:27 AM
or a bad speaker/

Qube
07-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Nah. Getting worse. Now sometimes its the full left side, sometimes just rear right. Sometimes rear left... still, it usually *pops* back on if I crank the volume... except the rear right. That one seems fickle.

CharlesAFerg
07-28-2007, 01:02 AM
When I use my mp3 player with a casette adapter, about 70% of the time it will only play on the drivers side. SOmetimes it will fix itself after I turn it on and off and insert the adapter again, but I can't figure out if it's the adapters going bad or my radio being difficult and dying.

Dr. evil
07-28-2007, 01:12 AM
sounds to me that the speaker is only doing what it's told. maybe if you have a speaker that you know is good you can test the channel that is giving you the problems.

i had one of thows 100$ JVC's in a neon. the channels went out after a year, after that i had to use a four channel amp to run the highs(lucky the head unit had RCA's for the highs).