PDA

View Full Version : Sachs kit - now rear corner is low?

tomd365
07-06-2007, 12:48 PM
I just installed the Sachs suspension kit on my 535 and now the right rear corner is about an inch lower than the left. Any ideas on what might cause this? I think everything is in correctly but, it does not sit right. I am going to put it on jack stands under the rear disc hubs (wheels off-suspension loaded) and measure from the top of the tower to the spring seat and see if it might be a weak spring. I am not and expert on the rear suspension geometry on these cars so, if anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate the help...

rnrn
07-06-2007, 12:51 PM
and you probably have one high and one low. FWIW, keep both settings high for a better ride. Many guys have tried the lower settings and up changing them. Nice work on the kit though, well worth it.

Ross

tomd365
07-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks Ross. I think Sachs has made some engineering changes in this kit. The rear struts are no longer adjustable as near as I can tell. The stamped spring seat is rigidly attached to the strut housing. I read about moving the ring from the low slot to the high slot but, nothing seemed to come apart to move anything.

The current kit does not include any bump stops either. All that comes in the kit is the struts, the springs, the large nuts for the top of the struts, and some really poor instructions.

Thanks, again.

Tom D. - Michigan