PDA

View Full Version : Wheel alignment result

kentish
05-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Hi to everyone

Just did a wheel alignment(paralell only) last saturday after changing center tie rod.

Just wanted to show the result. Check the attachment.

I got some bad result at the rear left wheel. anyone can explain and comment on any other issues.

Thanks
Ken
540ia 1994
with 18"BBS wheels(RX2)
http://pages.intnet.mu/kenvin/car/

Brandon J
05-10-2004, 06:28 PM
You might want to look into bushings and mounts. You may have a bad rear shock mount and that can increase camber. Thus, the left side sits lower, increasing negative camber, and increasing the right side camber. I want to know if the numbers varied at all and if the shop printed out the results after the car seemed to settle.

The front left is also more than 1 degree greater in camber than the front right. Again, the front strut bearing/mount could be bad. Maybe you hit something hard on the left side and ran over it with both front and rear wheels. Anyways, I would check bushings, try to hear any noises coming from the rear upper shock mount area and look down on the front shock mount/bearing, if you see any indication of a little oil sprayed on the mount, that could detect that the bearing is bad, if you see the rubber cracked, well that means it is bad too.

kentish
05-10-2004, 11:55 PM
hi Brandon

Thanks for the response.

I did went into a big pothole last week. It was at night and did not see it coming. Could you be more precise on the parts I should be looking. Where is the strut bearing located.

I do hear a clunk noise in front when I go over little bumps at low speed . Thought it was the center tie rod which I had replaced but the noise is still here.anyway the tie rod was moving like hell and had to be replaced
No particular noise at the back .Rear Shocks mount look good one month ago when car was at painter.may be it is the spring mounting rubber located at the top and the bottom.

kentish

kentish
05-11-2004, 11:45 AM
anyone can help?????? Brandon around

Brandon J
05-11-2004, 07:41 PM
The strut bearing/mount is the front strut mount. You might also want to look into control arm bushings up front and struts.

mholbrook
05-12-2004, 10:10 AM
The clunk noise going over bumps at low speed is probably a sway bar link in the front. Ez to replace and not that pricey.

Brandon J
05-12-2004, 10:29 AM
The clunk noise going over bumps at low speed is probably a sway bar link in the front. Ez to replace and not that pricey.
The clunk could very likely be the link, but looking at the alignment specs, it is a very good idea that something else could be wrong. Also look into the the strut collar, the drag link, spring pads, etc. in addition to the thrust bushings, control arm bushings, balljoints and sturt mounts.

One last thing to consider, if the car drives and tracks straight, is if the shop actually put the reflectors on the wheels straight. Besides the clunk, if it isn't broken then you might not have to fix it.