PDA

View Full Version : O/T in e34...e36 question

bmwrp8
07-05-2007, 06:48 AM
My friend has a 97 a/t e36 320i m52 he changed his engine to a m50tu 2.5 and a 6speed tranny and is now converting it to a track car...he stripped his interior and took out the reserve tire to lighten the e36. Now his question is what more can he do to lighten the front a bit aside from changing the hood to a carbon fiber...any thoughts? never knew you could install a 6speed in a m50tu:D

RobPatt
07-05-2007, 10:47 AM
pull out power steering and a/c compontents, along w/auto tranny cooler and lines...prob aluminum front thrust arms ($$$)... what about wheels/tires? does track car need lights? what sort of bumpers? Seems like could literally almos strip the thing....

the 6 speed w/a M50tu sounds cool. :D

My friend has a 97 a/t e36 320i m52 he changed his engine to a m50tu 2.5 and a 6speed tranny and is now converting it to a track car...he stripped his interior and took out the reserve tire to lighten the e36. Now his question is what more can he do to lighten the front a bit aside from changing the hood to a carbon fiber...any thoughts? never knew you could install a 6speed in a m50tu:D